Vogue Japan Digital Edition

Cont.

LIFE IN THE ARENA
Photographer: Walter Chin
Stylist: Aurora Sansone
Hair: Brent Lawler
Make-Up: Mariel Barrera
Models: Alicia Burke, Dmitry Brylev, Gabriel Vieira, Hayett McCarthy, Hyunji Shin & Rachel Fox

THE GLOW OF ALL OCCASIONS
Photographer: Daniel Jackson
Stylist: Sissy Vian
Hair: Recine
Make-Up: Kanako Takase
Model: Kiki Willems

Cont.

POWER PLAY
Photographer: Walter Chin
Stylist: Aurora Sansone
Hair: Brent Lawler
Make-Up: Mariel Barrera
Model: Hilary Rhoda

I have this theory that it's the agencies who insist they release these solo 'covers' for the models to post on social media and say they have a Vogue cover. They did the same thing with Delilah Belle Hamlin and Sarah Snyder in February.

I actually think you may be right! Faretta is the only one who posted her solo cover along with the main one on IG. The rest of the girls only posted their solo covers and OG shots which featured them, possibly tricking people into believing they've booked the cover on their own. Very odd.

BEAUTY COMES IN COLORS
Photographer: Daniel Jackson
Stylist: Sissy Vian
Hair: Recine
Make-Up: Kanako Takase
Model: Ansolet Rossouw

More Walter Chin, please! It's nothing groundbreaking, but I'm impressed to see such lively and vibrant fashion photography for a change. I'll even look past the wannabe Emmanuelle Alt styling in Hilary's edit.
Even Jackson came to play. His studio shots are as strong as the exterior ones this time, perhaps helped by the interesting styling. The rest are not to my taste, least of all the above beauty edit.

Thanks for posting, Zorka! :flower:

^^^ Walter just flipped through some 80s-issues of ELLE, Vogue, Glamour and copied those shots wholesale, same with the styling, Benn… It’s so offensively lazy.

I can’t even look through the entire issue. The "art direction"-- if they even bother with one, is so cheap-looking, with no effort for any semblance of a clean layout. VJ has absolutely nothing going for it anymore. Even Vogue Mexico looks more of an effort.

Oh Kiki what a great model! I would have loved to see her on the cover. Her studio shots are so good.

Power play has maybe the tackiest styling of the year.
Unless you’re Carlyne or Emmanuelle, you shouldn’t try that.

^^^ Walter just flipped through some 80s-issues of ELLE, Vogue, Glamour and copied those shots wholesale, same with the styling, Benn… It’s so offensively lazy.

I can’t even look through the entire issue. The "art direction"-- if they even bother with one, is so cheap-looking, with no effort for any semblance of a clean layout. VJ has absolutely nothing going for it anymore. Even Vogue Mexico looks more of an effort.

Well call me cheap, but I still like it. Lol. Your compatriot is at least giving us something different while still trying to stay true to this magazine's gaudy vibe.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Luigi & Iango have become a saving grace for Vogue Japan!

Cover shots are something L&I do extremely well, and all those solo shots of the four girls are fabulous. Anna's solo would've even gave Vogue Germany a knockout September cover. Need to hunt the far ends of the internet for that shot of Anna without the Vogue Japan masthead now. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->