Vogue Japan August 2020 by Luigi & Iango

Wow! This cover is gorgeous. I have to give them credit for not using the facetime photoshoot resource.

Feels like a blah version of what they’ve done before. Happy for Mika and Binx looks really good too. Nice to see Valerie too.

As a super established model amongst a group of relatively new faces, Binx feels miscast here. Shay looks beautiful, but as a rapper (apparently? Had to look her up) in a group of models, I'd be inclined to say the same about her. Not loving the fact that Jill is the only one that's totally covered. Mika and Valerie steal the spotlight, for me.

Only recognised Binx at first, I must say this is a really dull way to sell a new wave of models. Especially in an era where individuality is championed. They don't look interesting at all.
The hair styling is awful, those boots are awful, and Jill looks like she doesn't want to be part of whatever is happening on this cover.

Mika and Shay look great but the rest... Styling isn't so hot either but I'm a sucker for group cover shots ahahahhahah that's why I love Vogue Japan: they produce lots of them every year for a while now.

Not putting those hideous Chanel stockings on them is the only saving grace of this dullness.

I do agree that this is getting quite boring, because there girls are no Vitto or Gisele... Shay look downright sl*tty here, but not because of her look, but because of how miscast she is and that pose... Let's say it does not fit in... Mika and Jill look amazing. Binx looks like a Latino tw*nk decided to try crossdressing.

The shade! :innocent:

But it is understandable, Feb to Aug is quite a lot of time, mikel... Enough to get fed up with this...

I do agree that this is getting quite boring, because there girls are no Vitto or Gisele... Shay look downright sl*tty here, but not because of her look, but because of how miscast she is and that pose... Let's say it does not fit in... Mika and Jill look amazing. Binx looks like a Latino tw*nk decided to try crossdressing.

The shade! :innocent:

But it is understandable, Feb to Aug is quite a lot of time, mikel... Enough to get fed up with this...
Nothing wrong with a little bit a shade.
But you’re right. Opinions can change.

Shay on the cover of Vogue? Vogue Japan? The most random thing ever! But great for her! She used that Riccardo connection in the best way possible!

^ She's so beautiful though! Wouldn't mind seeing her more in fashion magazines.

But...

From the Vogue Japan February thread:

Are you seriously copy pasting my comment for a Vogue Japan cover with Irina Shayk in the outdoors, and comparing it to my comment to a group model cover?

voguejapan-feb20-irina-article.jpg

models

Do you even know what I meant when I said "They love these kinds of covers no?" It means that they love these zoomed out group covers. April 2015, March 2019, September 2019, March 2020, June 2020, look it up.

"Same old, same old" meant how all these group covers look exactly the same.

A tip when throwing shade, don't.

Last edited:
Are you seriously copy pasting my comment for a Vogue Japan cover with Irina Shayk in the outdoors, and comparing it to my comment to a group model cover?

models

Do you even know what I meant when I said "They love these kinds of covers no?" It means that they love these zoomed out group covers.

"Same old, same old" meant how all these group covers look exactly the same.

A tip when throwing shade, don't.
Sure Jan. Your posts are always very vocal, critical and leave an impression. You can take that as a compliment if you will.

Since we’re exchanging tips: don’t contradict yourself :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->