Vogue Japan December 2023 : Abény Nhial & Mary Ukech by Hugo Comte

Like a 90s RnB album cover, but not a major label group aka Total or Zhané standard, but rather one for a girl duo that managed to scrounge up the funds for an hour's session with a professional photographer at his "studio" in advance of releasing their independent label debut album that maybe 100 people bought and ended up retailing for $1/50p on Amazon Marketplace five years later.

Sorry for the backstory but I felt it necessary :grinningwsweat:

^but it still has a nice vibe. The bar is low though :grinningsquinting:

The wig is distracting :grinningwsweat:Vogue Japan can do so much more than this

oh nice! curious for the edit. nice change for once :smile:

I'm gonna wait for the editorial. One of their better covers this year. The blurry legs (whatever that is behind them) though.

Very 90s. One of their better covers, but still subpar. Could've been waaaaay better.

Like a 90s RnB album cover, but not a major label group aka Total or Zhané standard, but rather one for a girl duo that managed to scrounge up the funds for an hour's session with a professional photographer at his "studio" in advance of releasing their independent label debut album that maybe 100 people bought and ended up retailing for $1/50p on Amazon Marketplace five years later.

Sorry for the backstory but I felt it necessary :grinningwsweat:

I was screaming when I was reading your comment ahahahahah I COULD TOTALLY ENVISION THE WHOLE STORY ahahaahah very visual ahahha.

It's an awful amateur cover for me, I hate it with a passion : the wigs, the styling, the lighting = everything feels sooooooo CHEAP AS HELL.

If I saw this cover on the newsstand, it would intrigue me to look at what's inside the issue.

their expressions are terrible and all that white space clashing with whatever’s tie dye mess that’s on the bottom makes the cover look super cheap.

December, uh?

Awful photography, awful styling, horrid wigs and a horrid cover. It's like something from the late 90s/early 00s but in the worst possible way, I like the blue masthead and that's it. You just know Luigi & Iango would've smashed a cover shoot with Abény Nhial and Mary Ukech!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARNOLDSILVERBOLT
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->