Vogue Japan February 2017 by Luigi & Iango

zzzyao76

Reaction score
o9s4nqZW.jpg

baidutieba/karolina

They look too miserable.

It almost looks like it was deliberate! This should only have been Vittoria, far too many girls for this cover. Yasmin looks the worst, like a corpse. And while it's a nice coup for Dior, I don't think the styling does the clothes any justice. Or maybe it does, since Chiuri seems intent to court the new gen.

There's six girls, but only 5 names. Who is the other girl?

The colors are a bit off, but I'm sure it will look a lot better in HQ. Yasmin and Faretta indeed look bad here. Odette looks amazing.
Btw, the 6th girl is Agnes Akerlund.

Oh my, this cover does disappoint me a little bit. It could have been better than this esp Yasmin's style... Let's wait the HQ.

“Style Rave”— yet everyone looks fed up... The shot was likely composited together via post since the girls look oblivious to one another.

It’s refreshing to see them try something other than their usual catalogue shoot with the white seamless. So there’s that.

Other than the two girls that are actually positioned in a remotely interesting pose— don’t know their names, but they’re the obvious ones that aren’t positioned like they’re in a class picture, Yasmin just stands out int he worst possible way: She’s juts not high fashion model when lined up with the rest. I get that they had to include a token MOC, otherwise the pitchforks would be up in arms, but were there no other MOC than her? Or would it have hurt to include a few more MOC for a more genuine effort at diversity? Make an effort— or at least make an effort with Yasmin, VJ.

2017 looks to be starting off even weaker than 2016 LOL

Thanks zzyao.

Looks like a Vogue China cover from 2006, but a bad one. I'm assuming this is by Patrick Demarchelier too.

I like that it's a multigirls cover instead of multicovers and the casting but the result is a total mess, not even Vittoria saves this. I mean they all look so angry, stiff or miserable, a sort of gang, but then why this kind of styling. Odette looks probably the best tho. And Yasmin.. she really needs to work on her expressions because she is one of the models of the moment yet she doesn't transmit me anything in print, I swear in her Another Magazine cover she looked exactly the same.
So it's a big no for me overall.

I love a multi girl cover, and I don't mind a depressing looking one.
It's all about Vittoria, the other girls are just there to frame her.

Am I really the only one who actually likes this?
There is some kind of darkness to it which I prefer to many "smiley" covers. And I like the cast very much.

Odette and Vittoria look amazing. I wish it was just them.

It looks like Liugi and Iango's work, if true than I can't wait to see the editorial.

I don't mind darkness on covers, but there's a big gulf between that and the nauseated looks the cover is giving us, imo.

And I actually love this cover, the casting, the mood, simply need this issue now.

I seriously hate it when they go away with the white background. It's your identity. Stop. Their colored background covers are almost always a disaster. This included. This had so much potential but hey wasted the opportunity. They all look so angry.

The layout is questionable as well. Why have that zoomed in cover when you're not going to adjust the size of that god-awful layout?

This would have been so much better if the background were white. The background color kills it.

Odette and Vittoria look amazing. I wish it was just them.

It looks like Liugi and Iango's work, if true than I can't wait to see the editorial.

This has to have been photographed by Luigi and Iango, surely!

My eyes go straight to Vittoria Ceretti here, she's the absolute star of the image. While I MUCH prefer January's cover with Anna Ewers, this certainly isn't the worst Vogue Japan cover I've seen and I too look forward to the cover story - if there is one this month.

Holy mom! February already? They're so ahead of time. Maybe the next issue will be 'March 2018' :lol: This is unnecessary, we're still in december of 2016.

it's giving me Queen of The Damned's vibe. Vittoria as the vampire queen surrounded by her army. Not a great cover IMO. It looks weak and unpolished

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->