Vogue Japan February 2021 : Rianne van Rompaey by Luigi & Iango

The image is fantastic, but that art direction is an eyesore! What are all those colors? Disgusting.
I like that Luigi & Iango took their editorials outside recently, it suits them. I love my studio classics, but a little occasional change can be quite good! And of course, there's the always fabulous Rianne ♥

Not sure about the colorful masthead since it doesn't match the aesthetic of the image, but props to them for not putting a studio shot on their cover for the second time this year since their white backdrop format is getting tiring sometimes.

The colored masthead ruined it for me. It feels like they wanted a summery cover but Rianne wasn't in the mood so they had to deal with it. Confusing.

This would have been stronger if the masthead was in dark red/crimson/wine red and the "Romance Returns" was in gold. That would have emphasized the strength of the photo.

The text overload it's really killing a good cover. At the end of the day Rianne is a really good model so as long as she deliver I don't mind seeing her.

I'm happy for Rianne but the fact that Dolce & Gabbana is again on another major Vogue cover makes me really sad :(

Seems they've used an image initially intended for Vogue Weddings. It's faultless, but not 'fashion' enough. Too bridal.
And art direction just doesn't work.

ok... let’s see the editorial.

Oh hello, is this Vogue Germany thread? Did Arp take over JP now!! Yuck to all of this, but the choice of Rianne, who can't even save it for me. And double yuck for having that brand on the cover, this is the true nature of Fashion, and true Values of Vogue: $$$$!

Oh well can't wait for Rianne's Feb VP cover to drop. :rofl:

Not a bad cover. A bit more contrast between the photo and the text would’ve been better though.

Less text would help a lot.

Rianne's face is like: "ugh, are we finished yet...?"

I've been dying to see her do a classic style Vogue Japan cover. A white background, killer outfit, and a fierce pose. Imagine my disappointment when I saw this. The most offensive thing about this is how they hid her face. Why would they do something like that? It's such a rude thing to do to a model, especially one at her caliber. Do you think Gisele would let someone hide her face on a cover? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Whenever there’s a cover that features a close-up shot against an outdoor setting, I couldn’t help but compare it to that iconic VI cover with Snejana for its august 2005? Issue. Many have failed to match its exquisiteness.

Her face could never sell me a magazine so I’m happy it was covered but she even seemed to mess that up

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->