Vogue Japan June 2020 : Abby, Bente, Mika, Hannah & Shanelle by Luigi & Iango

I wish it weren't framed like that. They could've removed the greyish background. Would've looked a lot better.

I´m happy for the new faces but the cover is kinda meh imo... I´m looking forward to the editorial.

i cannot tell the difference between all the 39494858 group cover shots. Apart from Meisel ones, of course

Pretty sure I've seen BTS of this shoot before... there should be multiple covers with a mixture of fresh & established faces, but that's no surprise given we're talking Vogue Japan.

I could very well be wrong, so take that with a grain of salt.

EDIT: For reference, I believe this is the shoot Yasmin and Mayowa were on set on just over a month ago? I believe I saw a hint of Aliet Sarah somewhere too. If it's not this month, then it's definitely next. Would be easier to distinguish one month's covers from the next if it wasn't constantly L&I shooting :angel:

Last edited:
The Japanese girl is beautiful. She is stealing this shot! I barely noticed the other models. Mika and the Prada dresses overshadow the others.

Bangs overload! Interestingly enough those three girls leave the least impression on me, and part of it is also the choice of dressing them in white tents on already pale skin, against a pale backdrop. Not sold on Abby's pose but at least it breaks the composition. Great to see her and Shanelle here.

One thing I do like it the masthead block, makes their cover look neater and more 'book-like.' But if you follow the Magazine Redesigns thread you'll know that VJ is merely following a design trend that most magazines already adopted months ago.

I'm just glad it's not another corona themed cover, I can't take any more of those.
I'm also always here for Luigi & Iango in Vogue Japan! Is it their best cover? No. But it still looks fresh and it's a nice selection of new models. Can't wait to see the editorial for this.

Bangs overload! Interestingly enough those three girls leave the least impression on me, and part of it is also the choice of dressing them in white tents on already pale skin, against a pale backdrop. Not sold on Abby's pose but at least it breaks the composition. Great to see her and Shanelle here.

One thing I do like it the masthead block, makes their cover look neater and more 'book-like.' But if you follow the Magazine Redesigns thread you'll know that VJ is merely following a design trend that most magazines already adopted months ago.
But it’s not the first time Vogue Japan uses this type of cover

They've used the masthead block design before? When?

October (although this wasn't the newsstand cover) and August of 2018.

upload_2020-4-20_14-25-9.png

They also used it in 2017, but it wasn't a full block like the covers above, as the masthead would partially cover the picture as well.

Below covers are from March 2018, October and September 2017. All covers were incidentally shot by Luigi & Iango.

00.jpg

upload_2020-4-20_14-23-12.png

Beautiful cover. For me Vogue Japan is one of the best editions at the moment.
With all these great covers being published Farnetti really looks like a fool.

I'm so confused by all the different expressions. It's like nobody knows where to look.

Abby's pose might be a bit modeling 101, but at least it makes the composition a bit more dynamic. For me, her expression steals the spotlight here.

Not understanding the fake bangs on Mika. Would have replaced Bente with someone else.

I want to like this, but I just cant. Love the models and the styling, but the posing and composition has it feeling flat.

Mika's bangs are horrendous and I hope people will let Bente move on past this horrid haircut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->