Vogue Japan June 2022 : Maryel Uchida by Hanna Moon

I love how every issue focusing on the youth ends up looking dull and boring

I mean…

When’s the Era of Old People gonna dawn? It would be almost as groundbreaking as these magazines think they’re being with their endless youth issues. Yawn.

This is beautiful !!!!! From the hair and makeup + to the styling + the pose AND that model is beautifullllll
As far as the layout it's clean
and although it's not their Vogue Nippon old white background, I still love this !!!

THIS is what I want to see Vogue doing more and more !! Again Vogue China, Vogue Korea, Vogue Taiwan and Vogue Japan are killing it !

When you think about it though, it surprises me greatly because these Asian editions used to be quite mediocre some months and cool on others but altogether it wasn't as grandiose or as pure high fashion as what Italian or French Vogue used to produce and suddenly, after new photographers were thrown in the mix + new editors + new models = a new vision was born and in the last 5 years we've seen a clearer and more ethereal and magical imagery from all these Asian editions = which I love !!!

I remember when Vogue Taiwan used to be extremely cheap and bad and nowadays it's one of the most creative and more futuristic and more powerful-image-making-magazine of the entire Vogue family. Which proves my point that even though you are American or British Vogue, with the best most well known photographers of the globe and with the best stylists and so on, it doesn't mean a thing when there's no vision or youthful spirit behind it with an eye on the future. It's about creating something fresh and cool and with the right models and the right ideas and interesting styling and photographic skills = you can do anything! :clap::mohawk::flower:

This edition now is one or two short original editorials and loads of reprints
So sad :cry:

nothing groundbreaking here.
who is she?

I miss big names (models!) on the covers.

I like th mood and text colour but not feeling the shiny thing and the era of you

A crying shame to witness another edition of Vogue fall so hard, in such a short space of time. The cover does zilch for me I'm afraid, and I'm sat here unable to appreciate a single element - hate that orb/ball of light and the total lack of presence from Maryel Uchida!

The absolute nerve to also have a Movement Choreographer on set

This is beautiful !!!!! From the hair and makeup + to the styling + the pose AND that model is beautifullllll
As far as the layout it's clean
and although it's not their Vogue Nippon old white background, I still love this !!!

THIS is what I want to see Vogue doing more and more !! Again Vogue China, Vogue Korea, Vogue Taiwan and Vogue Japan are killing it !

When you think about it though, it surprises me greatly because these Asian editions used to be quite mediocre some months and cool on others but altogether it wasn't as grandiose or as pure high fashion as what Italian or French Vogue used to produce and suddenly, after new photographers were thrown in the mix + new editors + new models = a new vision was born and in the last 5 years we've seen a clearer and more ethereal and magical imagery from all these Asian editions = which I love !!!

I remember when Vogue Taiwan used to be extremely cheap and bad and nowadays it's one of the most creative and more futuristic and more powerful-image-making-magazine of the entire Vogue family. Which proves my point that even though you are American or British Vogue, with the best most well known photographers of the globe and with the best stylists and so on, it doesn't mean a thing when there's no vision or youthful spirit behind it with an eye on the future. It's about creating something fresh and cool and with the right models and the right ideas and interesting styling and photographic skills = you can do anything! :clap::mohawk::flower:

i think Vogue Nippon starting to look like Vogue Taiwan
Because their editorial director is Leslie Sun- EIC of Vogue Taiwan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->