Vogue Japan October 2019 : Alicia Vikander by Collier Schorr

She's on this week's French Elle too, so it seems LV gave into serious promotion this month.

I think there's a lot of money left at Louis Vuitton to the point of throwing away producing things like that...

Will pass on the previews, no thanks! Especially the first shot which looks way too eerie. The pattern of that heavy chain resting on her gaunt frame? This is not coming from a social warrior perspective, just not my cup of tea. Guess there's this deviant overtone of fashion in countries such as Japan and France that will never go out of vogue. Although flip the coin and you have people rushing to all sorts of enhancements everywhere else.

Styling looks great though.

Karolin's shot is good I just wish someone would've ironed her dress a bit more

This issue is way stronger than their September issue. Go figure.

Collier’s story is surprisingly solid. There’s just one shot of Alicia in camp cowgirl gear that’s really hideous. The remainder of the 10-page story is… good… Even with the full-on Vuitton advertorial wardrobe. The best are the 2-page spreads that lend a cinematic feel, a sort of Gus’s Even Cowgirls Get The Blues sort of nostalgia. Why the worst shot gets the cover, I’ll never understand this editor.

Having just watched her Tomb Raider, where despite how forgettable the movie is, she does look absolutely smouldering and sexy AF in every shot. It baffles me how frumpy, limp and just plain uninterested she consistently looks in these fashion shoots. She looks like she’s sabotaging her every frame. Was she blackmailed into the Vuitton contract and fashion? But with his shoot, Alicia actually looks like she’s enjoying herself— unlike the dreadful French ELLE shoot.

Another strong story is Tokyo Backstreet with Fernanda and Karolin by Juergen, and it is surprisingly good. It feels like old-school Juergen from the mid-90s, when he would shoot for Liz's Bazaar: Direct and simple, but full of presence. This story sages seamlessly into A Butterfly In Autumn by Jiro Konami, who always produces VJ’s more gorgeous stories. And this is no exception with 2 Asian models retelling the timeless Madame Butterfly epic, just in the backstreets of Tokyo under neon lights.

I'm impressed.

Suits And The City

Photographer: Walter Chin
Fashion Editor: Aurora Sansone
Hair: Brent Lawler
Make-up: Sam Addington
Manicure: Kiyo Okada
Models: Daphne Groeneveld, Justin Eric Martin, Noah Hart and Reilly Patton

1.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
7.jpg
9.jpg

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

Last edited:
Suits And The City

Photographer: Walter Chin
Fashion Editor: Aurora Sansone
Hair: Brent Lawler
Make-up: Sam Addington
Manicure: Kiyo Okada
Models: Daphne Groeneveld, Justin Eric Martin, Noah Hart and Reilly Patton

Peter Lindbergh was more superior in doing stories like this. It makes me sad realising that we will never see something like this by Lindbergh again :( It’s good to see Daphne though.

A Sense Of Black

Photographer: Marcus Ohlsson
Fashion Editor: Katelyn Gray
Hair: Shingo Shibata
Make-up: Yumi Lee
Manicure: Eri Handa
Models: Yuka Mannami and Julia Banas

2.jpg

Alicia And The Vision Of Creation
Photographer: Collier Schorr
Fashion Editor: Sissy Vian
Hair: Bob Recine
Make-up: Diane Kendal
Manicure: Ada Yeung
Set Design: Andrea Stanley
Cast: Alicia Vikander

2.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

Tokyo Backstreet

Photographer: Juergen Teller
Fashion Editor: Sissy Vian
Hair: Taku
Make-up: Ayami Nishimura
Manicure: Naoko Takano and Hitomi Sakamoto
Casting: Piergiorgio Del Moro
Models: Fernanda Ly and Karolin Wolter

1.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
7.jpg

A Butterfly In Autumn

Photographer: Jiro Konami
Fashion Editor: Saori Masuda
Hair: Akki Shirakawa
Make-up & Manicure: Lorandy
Cast: Tao & Masaki Suda

1.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
7.jpg
9.jpg
11.jpg

White Shades Of Winter

Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura
Fashion Editor: Patrick Mackie
Hair: Shingo Shibata
Make-up: Tatyana Makarova
Casting: Piergiorgio Del Moro
Model: Giselle Norman

13.jpg
15.jpg
17.jpg
19.jpg
21.jpg

This issue is quite decent, thanks for the previews aracic :flower:. Nothing amazing, but even Collier and Giampaolo's editorials don't annoy me, and that's bloody something! Tao's editorial has some nice shots, although it's a little all over the place for me in some way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waffleninja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->