Vogue Korea February 2020 : Riccardo Tisci & Rianne van Rompaey by Luigi & Iango

This is fantastic actually! Especially the solo cover, she looks magnificent.
I don't understand why Riccardo needed to appear on the cover, but I can't really complain since I like the composition of that cover as well.

I hate it when designers appear on covers. We all know various fiscal transactions exist between magazines and brands, but such covers put the connection out there so brazenly to the point of distaste.

Rianne's solo cover is really gorgeous and it should've been the only one imo. They could've included a big BURBERRY tagline to make up for it instead of giving us a puzzled Riccardo as well.

Does anyone, let alone an average Korean, care about Riccardo Tisci enough to buy a magazine with him on the cover? Rianne's solo cover suffices.

Does anyone, let alone an average Korean, care about Riccardo Tisci enough to buy a magazine with him on the cover? Rianne's solo cover suffices.

It is the era of the star designer. This may as well have shown him on his own, really.
That said, I would prefer the first cover but more zoomed out and with less of an emphasis on Tisci as the focus.
The second cover looks like those mock editorial covers Vogue Japan does very often. great shot, but it's not a cover-worthy imo.

Interesting that this likely sponsored Burberry cover shows no literal Tisci codes. The beige perhaps?

What's with the exorcist vibes on the first cover? Rianne is creeping me out and the disconnect with Riccardo just makes this cover baffling. Who thought this was a good idea? The cheque from Burberry must have just cleared and the editor's head was a bit fuzzy I guess.

Now the second cover alone would more than enough. Rianne looks radiant and fresh.

Reactions: KoV
Rianne's solo cover is... phenomenon, and props to her for looking beautiful even in an upside down shot. Right, Ariana Grande?

Whoa, that first cover is fantastic. Don't see what is so great about the second one, but they are both good covers, just the first one really works.

Riccardo could have worn a suit....
I like both and I like him so I don’t mind. The designer itself has become part of the branding so...it’s fair.

Now we're talking, wow, these are stunning covers!
Rianne's outdone herself again, I mean, she looks phenomenal upside down. Riccardo looks a bit out of place but honestly I think he looks good so I don't mind it. I'd be curious to see how a solo upside down cover of Rianne would have turned out though. The black and white cover is on point too, I like her hair tied under her chin.

Never been a fan of designers on the cover of Vogue but this is undeniably brilliant! The two covers are equally terrific but I'm extremely fond of Rianne's solo cover which could've easily been this month's Vogue Italia and I'd of been ALL over it.

Not a single flaw in both covers; from composition to layout.

(Yes Lola, I'd also like to see Riccardo in a suit. But these are the days when designers need to be down with their customers, rather than inspire the customers to live up to the designers' standards.)

I love both covers, Riannes face is truly a million dollar face although I wish the second cover would've been in colour instead

First cover is alright...a little trite in its desire to be 'avant' but the second cover is lovely. Best picture of Rianne I've seen in ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->