Vogue Korea May 2019 : Cara Delevingne by Jooyoung Ahn

CD is for Confused Direction.

This magazines has lost its direction. Each month looks different from the other.

Last month could pass for a Vogue Ukraine cover

This month could pass for UK or Paris Vogue.

I do like her in small doses, and given what passes for Vogue covers these days, it's great to see such a clean and simple shot for once, with a face that can carry it off.

I personally don't mind covers that resemble beauty campaigns, especially given the recent surge of random concepts on the front of other editions in the name of 'art' but more down to 'luck' as to whether they actually work.

Why is she suddenly back in modeling ? I thought she quit for good.
It looks more like a cosmetic campaign rather than a cover but Cara looks good

I thought she had left the modelling industry too, but of course you can change your mind and come back. However, she did sound quite finished with the industry the last time I read. Maybe this time round she has more of a say in what she wants to do, and it means make a huge difference.

This is gorgeous, i don't care how Dior Ad Cmapaign it looks, that is obvious, but most spokesmodels get covers backed by brands, so nothing new about that. Still it's a beautiful cover that will look great in print!

I thought she had left the modelling industry too, but of course you can change your mind and come back. However, she did sound quite finished with the industry the last time I read. Maybe this time round she has more of a say in what she wants to do, and it means make a huge difference.
That or she doesn't get offers for movie roles. I don't really follow her career anymore so I'm clueless

Well it would make a great campaign for Dior cosmetics.

This is gorgeous, i don't care how Dior Ad Cmapaign it looks, that is obvious, but most spokesmodels get covers backed by brands, so nothing new about that. Still it's a beautiful cover that will look great in print!

My sentiments exactly. This is easily the best work Cara's produced since the cover of British Vogue by Steven Meisel. The vibrant pink Vogue masthead works wonderfully with the lip, the lighting and starkness of the whole shot. A total thumbs up from me!

I love it!
Thinking of all the celebrities who get covers only because they are 'brand ambassadors' and churn out banal crap; It's good to see a model who knows how to do the job.

That or she doesn't get offers for movie roles. I don't really follow her career anymore so I'm clueless

Lol I was just about to say the same thing. What’s interesting though, is the fact that she doesn’t seem to run out of roles, judging by her filmography. She recently appears in Her Smell with Elisabeth Moss. I think the problem is, studios aren’t confident with her in more leading roles. I wouldn’t blame them, though.~

Anyway, with regards to the cover, it actually looks decent. I don’t really see her as a beauty model, but that has got to be the second best close-up shot she’s ever taken after that UK Vogue cover with Meisel. It would work better as a supplement though, which is funny, because some of the Piaget-paid covers—the last one, in particular—is a lot more newsstand-worthy than her cover.

Last edited:
That Piaget partnership is very Vogue Paris back in 2018.

However some shots from the Piaget ed would have been a better cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"