Vogue Korea May 2020 : Jennie Kim by Janghyun Hong

Jihyo's Allure cover >>>> this

TWICE >>>> BLACKPINK

I know lots of people in this forum do not listen to k-pop but for the minority who does, give TWICE a listen. The world is in such a catastrophic state right now for us to act edgy and ignore unproblematic, care-free pop music.

The best part of this cover is that pomeranian's shook expression!

Jihyo's Allure cover >>>> this

TWICE >>>> BLACKPINK

I know lots of people in this forum do not listen to k-pop but for the minority who does, give TWICE a listen. The world is in such a catastrophic state right now for us to act edgy and ignore unproblematic, care-free pop music.

Question is, who is sitting behind all these girls? Someone is making bank with all this unproblematic, carefree pop and it's not the girls. Anyway, it just feels so outdated to still see girl groups everywhere. Just my opinion.

Question is, who is sitting behind all these girls? Someone is making bank with all this unproblematic, carefree pop and it's not the girls.

Sadly, that's the harsh truth about K-pop. It is a business first and foremost, before music and artistry. I won't go into its nitty-gritty 'cause it's borderline disgusting and inhumane.

The only thing I'm imagining is how much happier that dog would be if it was held in a more supportive way.

Sadly, that's the harsh truth about K-pop. It is a business first and foremost, before music and artistry. I won't go into its nitty-gritty 'cause it's borderline disgusting and inhumane.

It's what I alluded to...the Triads and Yakuzas, though not sure who is the Korean equivalent? They basically run this sect of the entertainment industry, the highly profitable acts. And what's not run by them is likely run by the government (see the Zhang Ziyi scandal) so I don't begrudge these girls because they're essentially stuck between a rock and a hard place.

This is a bit tone deaf tbh

now I cannot stop thinking about Gal's cringeworthy cover.

This is a bit tone deaf tbh

The cover or the cover star?

No, I'm just kidding. As always, she looks gorgeous but the wacky fonts made it look like a Grade 1 art project.

Cover story "Jennie and Kuma" photoshoot

Kuma is Jennie's dog.

Photographer -- Janghyun Hong
Fashion Editor -- Eunyoung Sohn
Hair -- Iljung Lee
Makeup -- Junsung Lee
Nail -- Eunkyung Park
Stylist -- Minhee Park
Set Styling -- Da'rak

Source: 보그 코리아 (Vogue Korea)

Interview for the cover story.

Source: VOGUE KOREA

Conversation from the interview -- Translated from Korean:

Jennie: “Hello, I’m Jennie.”
“I’m Kuma.” (speaking for Kuma)

Q: Please Introduce Kuma To Us!
Jennie: “He’s 4.5 years old. His name is, K U M A, Kuma.”

Q: First impression of Kuma
Jennie: “Kuma’s first impression, he really resembled a raccoon and he also looked like a bear who lost its fur, he used to look very different. I can’t reveal any photos because he’s prettier now. No! You were pretty when you were younger too.”

Q: Describe Kuma in 3 Words!
Jennie: “The three words are… a cutie pie, with lots of love, and loves toys!”

Q: Kuma’s favorite toy!
Jennie: “He likes all kinds of toys that squeak. Give me Beep! Beep! (squeaky toy)

Q: Cutest part of Kuma!
Jennie: “His nose and the white fur that makes it seem like he just drank milk, in between his nose and mouth, this is really cute, and his forehead is cute too.”

Q: Most adorable thing he does?
Jennie: “Oh, lately when I wake up at home, he leans on me to touch him. He’s really cute then.”

Q: Happiest moment with Kuma!
Jennie: “At night before he sleeps, he sometimes comes to check up on me to see if I’m okay and I’m thankful whenever he does that. And he goes back to his bed, after he checks. Right?”

Q. “If you were to go on a trip with Kuma?”
Jennie: “I want to let him run around without a leash in a wide field. I don’t think he can express his freedom. I think he wants to be more free. Right?” “Right” (kuma)

Q: Your wish for Kuma
Jennie: “Even when I’m not there, I hope he can stay at home by himself. When I come out to work, he wants to follow me, and he even tries to ride the elevator with me. Then, I’m a bit sad.”

Q: What Kuma means to you?
Jennie: “He’s a precious child that made me responsible for the first time. He’s the first pet I raised on my own and also my baby. I always video-call him too, when I’m working. He gives me strength and is a very strong support. “Right!” (kuma)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->