Vogue Korea November 2020 : G-Dragon by Hong Janghyun

yg artists dominating korean magazines? no.

After last month's stellar cover with Binx, they go back to their usual generic formula of insert k-pop artist. What a shame.

Again?

Vogue Korea has fallen into deep irrelevance. Elle and W Korea are more up with the times.

Its not even about exclusivity and what not.

Idgi isnt this forum all about a publication going along with its country’s demographics in mind? I personally dont mind seeing Korean subjects (models, actresses, kpop stars, whoever, the citizen of S. Korea has a totally different culture regarding their public figures) on the cover of Korean Vogue, but these covers are quite... bad

Idgi isnt this forum all about a publication going along with its country’s demographics in mind? I personally dont mind seeing Korean subjects (models, actresses, kpop stars, whoever, the citizen of S. Korea has a totally different culture regarding their public figures) on the cover of Korean Vogue, but these covers are quite... bad

Ditto. To say that a South Korean publication putting a major South Korean star on the cover “irrelevant” is rather bizarre to me. It goes to show that the forum sees every publication in the world through western eyes. Granted the results are less than desirable and he’s been featured as a cover star this year. But hey, Alt assigned Rianne a cover more than once a year, too, so...

^Rianne is a model (and one of the very best in her generation), she belongs in Vogue. G-Dragon doesn't, no matter which edition it is. It's as if British Vogue gave 11/12 covers a year to Harry Styles... who in their right mind would appreciate that?

Also, it's funny to see people supporting Korea using the same korean celebrity over and over again, but god forbid Anna gave another cover to J Law or Beyoncé lol

Re the cover, don't care for the OTT pose or mismatched colour scheme. It's a pretty unremarkable cover if you ask me.

^Rianne is a model (and one of the very best in her generation), she belongs in Vogue. G-Dragon doesn't, no matter which edition it is. It's as if British Vogue gave 11/12 covers a year to Harry Styles... who in their right mind would appreciate that?

Also, it's funny to see people supporting Korea using the same korean celebrity over and over again, but god forbid Anna gave another cover to J Law or Beyoncé lol

Right? And I'm sure Mon meant 'irrelevant' in the greater fashion community, and he's right if that's what he meant. Sure they have well-heeled shoppers, but a Vogue Korea cover is not a currency and won't open doors for international models or celebrities the same way Vogue China or Japan would. It's just one of the many covers a model ticks off her list on her way to the top. If they get it, great. If they don't get it, great. I mean, who on here will say, hand on their heart, 'I can't wait to see next month's Vogue Korea cover'?
This magazine is too deep in the pockets of their pop stars for it to matter to the international fashion audience (that's who we are, that's our POV). For all their constraints (cultural, political, logistical etc), China also uses mostly native subjects for their covers (probably even more than Vogue Korea) but they're clever enough to champion both Chinese talents alongside international fashion talents. It's as much about the cover as it is about which internationally renowned talent styles, shoots and models for their magazine.

And btw, every time Emmanuelle Alt gives two covers to a model in the same year it never goes unchecked on this forum.

COVER STORY
"Kwon Ji-Yong, GD, G-Dragon"

Photographer -- HONG Jang-Hyun
Fashion Editor -- SOHN Eunyoung
Stylist -- JiEun
Hair Stylist -- Taehyun
Make-up Artist -- LIM Hae-Kyung
Manicure -- PARK Eun-Kyung

Model / Musician -- KWON Ji-Yong (GD / G-Dragon)

Source -- 보그 코리아 (Vogue Korea)

"The Beautiful Days of IZ*ONE Girls"

Photographer -- JANG Duk-Hwa
Fashion Editor -- NAM Hyun-Ji
Beauty Editor -- LEE Zoo-Hyun
Hair Stylist -- CHOI Eun-Young
Make-up Artist -- OH Ka-Young
Manicure -- CHOI Ji-Sook
Props -- YOO Hye-Won

Models / Singers (of IZ*ONE -- Korean pop music girl group) --
KIM Chae-Won (DOB -- 08/01/2000)
KIM Min-Ju (DOB -- 02/05/2001)