Vogue Korea September 2020 by G-Dragon

crmsn

Reaction score

World star G-Dragon is also famous as an art lover. As a contemporary artist, he expressed'Hope' as'Lighting Art' for the issue of'Hope' in the September 2020 issue of <Vogue> from 26 countries. The phrase G-Dragon inspired to work on the cover of the September issue of <Vogue Korea> is “Light is Hope!” Right today, for his birthday, we are revealing the cover that he has hidden for you~

artwork G-DRAGON
contributing editor GEE EUN

I was really feeling blue after seeing this cover. This is not Hope, and it should be about Vogue.

They could've just asked G-Dragon to send a selfie.

I know G-Dragon is big in Korea.. but he ain't the only big star. Vogue Korea's obsession over G-Dragon while continuously snubbing other stars is mind-blowing. The likes of Baekhyun, Jackson Wang, Taemin, Lee Dong Wook, BTS et al. still don't have their solo covers and yet G-Dragon's hideous "ART" has its own. The level of st*pidity is beyond me.

You have local celebrities whose popularity is reaching insane global heights and yet you choose to be snub them all. At this point, it feels like W Magazine has more access than Vogue Korea.

And let's not start with the "Vogue Korea is not a commercial / celebrity-oriented magazine" argument because it is.

tHi$ Is aRT.

When I see this I'm hopeful...this cover didn't exist.

This cover is terrible, a true race to the bottom this september...when US Vogue unveils their "hope" issue with Ashley Graham feeding a baby lamb or something awful of that sort I will almost be compelled to like it.

And yes W Korea is much better, loved Yoo Ah-In's cover feature a few months ago. I seriously don't know who G-Dragon in spite of the many covers he's landed.

If that's a picture of shutters down on a shop, then inadvertantly, it's probably the most accurate representation of the current situation that we've seen on the front of any Vogue.

This is awesome LOL

It's on now to see how low can a Vogue go.

They could've just asked G-Dragon to send a selfie.

I know G-Dragon is big in Korea.. but he ain't the only big star. Vogue Korea's obsession over G-Dragon while continuously snubbing other stars is mind-blowing. The likes of Baekhyun, Jackson Wang, Taemin, Lee Dong Wook, BTS et al. still don't have their solo covers and yet G-Dragon's hideous "ART" has its own. The level of st*pidity is beyond me.

I definitely agree the cover is stupid and should have his face instead but GD is arguably the biggest star in SK, and he's also considered one of the biggest influencers in fashion, he's probably also a huge seller in the Asian market which is why he keeps getting covers. I'm not gonna tell you everyone else you mentioned doesn't deserve a cover but there was no way any of them would get a Sept cover except maybe BTS

I definitely agree the cover is st*pid and should have his face instead but GD is arguably the biggest star in SK, and he's also considered one of the biggest influencers in fashion, he's probably also a huge seller in the Asian market which is why he keeps getting covers. I'm not gonna tell you everyone else you mentioned doesn't deserve a cover but there was no way any of them would get a Sept cover except maybe BTS

I'm not limiting this to just the September issue alone. Vogue Korea has been snubbing their homegrown stars for years regardless of the month. G-Dragon got covers for two anniversary issues and one January issue. This is his first September issue.

G-Dragon, Taeyang, Big Bang, EXO, Sehun, Daniel Kang, Blackpink are the only idols who have graced the covers of Vogue. 7 in the span of a decade. Don't get me started with how many repeat actresses and models they've had over the years.

True it's a matter of taste, I get it. Though, it's just terrible a marketing plan considering how you're alienating a fanbase whose purchasing power is unquestionable. Also, way to go in supporting homegrown talent. Other editions (Vogue Thailand and Hong Kong) have started to recognize the influence and audience these idols can bring.

And no, Vogue Korea is not a cut-above the K-Pop Mania since they use them as well for editorial content.

No wonder W Korea is more reflective of Korea than this magazine.

I could care less about Vogue Korea, just don't see how they fit into the Vogue constellation and what's their contribution to global fashion. Other than the likes of BTS and their equally insufferable ilk. They're like Vogue India in that it's an aggressively insular edition that most of the times only appeal to natives. Plus their covers are so forgettable. I dare anyone to recall their favourite VK cover of 2019 with photographer/cast credits.

That said, G-Dragon caught my attention ever since Karl selected him as Chanel's ambassador for South Korea. He made Chanel look really cool yet chic at the same time and ended up the best male rep Chanel ever had, so I have a soft spot for him. Plus it was essentially before K-pop became so annoying. This cover is of course a non-event but I blame the editor. Even if G-Dragon is solely responsible for the first one, what's their excuse for the 2nd one?

I dare anyone to recall their favourite VK cover of 2019 with photographer/cast credits.

This cover is of course a non-event but I blame the editor.

Vogue Korea went downhill (or dare I say flatlined) upon the arrival of this new EIC. He made Vogue his vanity project. It lost its vision.

Remember the Vogue Korea cover shot in the EIC’s office??

Remember the Vogue Korea cover shot in the EIC’s office??

I will NEVER forget that cover. It will be one of those pivotal moments in fashion history - 'the star editor' in full force, next to Anna Wintour making appearances on US Vogue's IG page. It's crazy how much magazines rely on the public profile of editors nowadays. @chanelh brought it up in the Vogue HK thread, and 2 days later I literally read an article about Vogue Scandinavia's new EIC which closed with this line:

'While the launch (of Vogue Scandinavia) is several months away, fans can get their fix of effortless Scandinavian chic via Bonnier’s Instagram.'

My mood the whole day :

tumblr_n7eaa8O76a1syvl0do1_400.gif

Now that I have seen this "cover " :

tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"