Vogue México October 2010 : Anja Rubik by Marcin Tyszka

Discussion in 'Vintage Magazines' started by tarsha, Sep 27, 2010.

1. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

2. Empress Merel

Empress Merel Active Member

This looks so cute!

3. tanii94

tanii94 Active Member

No. Just no.

4. Sisley

Sisley New Member

This cover reminds me this one:
    [​IMG]
    ganimedes snap

The styling is even similar...
    Espana,Mexico... what a different.

#4 Sisley, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited by moderator johnpla: Sep 27, 2010
  5. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

^ The editor in chief is from Spain.. and appears to be homesick, she should go back there and leave Vogue México/Latinoamerica to someone who's actually interested in doing something for fashion in the region.. her entire body of work for this is just painful to look at and clearly a projection of what she would do in Vogue España.

6. Tacita

Tacita New Member

Looks a little amateurish but it's not that bad.-

7. khyrk

khyrk Oh Yeah!

I was also about to post that Vogue Espana Cover.

8. elsaskywalker

elsaskywalker -- aGGravaTion de caS --

yes, it's just a double vogue espana, some position and colours!! howwww bo-ring! even if she's cute of course.

9. GlamorousBoy

GlamorousBoy New Member

from month to month I am more & more suprised how nice covers latam Vogue has

10. cul8tr

cul8tr Well-Known Member

^^^^It's by Marcin Tyszka

11. justaguy

justaguy Moderator

Don't like the styling, but Anja looks awfully cute!

12. CrisGalaxy

CrisGalaxy Active Member

Atleast Vogue Mexico doesn't feature Mexican celebreties... it would be a disaster!

13. ColorScreams

ColorScreams New Member

I like the styling.
    It's fun and fresh, and Anja looks beautiful

14. kokurox

kokurox Active Member

A couple of pictures by me
    The Belleza suplement an de cover

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Tigertonio

Tigertonio External Optimist

A disaster for whom? For you, who doesn't reside in Mexico and gets to read (and criticize) this magazine by reading the content online for free? Something that needs to be pointed out is that Vogue Mexico doesn't get much circulation outside of Mexico (yes, there is a similar Latin American edition but often the Mexican edition has some different content). In my opinion, the disaster is constantly featuring a majority of blonde, white, European models in a country with a vast majority of black-haired, brown-skinned people. Outside of fashion students, the Polanco princesses, high-end beauty salons and a small number of fashion followers that reside mostly in the larger cities, Vogue Mexico hardly flies off the shelves of the stores that carry it (Sanborns, Liverpool, Supererama, etc). I can hardly believe that Vogue Mexico is profitable on its own, and I suspect it rides on the Latin American edition's success (but I don't know this for sure, as I am not clear as to how these two editions are published). It seems to me that Vogue Mexico exists solely to keep a Vogue presence in Mexico. But I, too, do not like the way this editor is directing this edition. Quite frankly, I believe that featuring a Mexican celebrity or model would do wonders for this edition of Vogue.

16. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

^I only hope that if one day they put a mexican celebrity on the cover, the latin version will be different :P

Say what you want about Vogue Mexico/LA -I have my personal issues with it- but at least they always use models on their covers ^_^

17. agee

agee Active Member

This may be a top model snapped by an established photographer, but this is pretty much a Vogue Taiwan cover gone festive.

18. Tacita

Tacita New Member

Totally agree. I don't like celebrities in the cover of fashion magazines. I mean...they are FASHION magazines. And it's one of the few I get to see in my country.-

19. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

The thing about having celebrities in Vogue México or Latinoamerica is that, unlike CrisGalaxy's Univisión understanding of Mexican celebrities or whatever he relies on from a distance to make assumptions, there are actually plenty of talented actors not just in México but also in Colombia, Chile, Argentina and the rest of Latin America.. I could definitely see someone like Catalina Sandino Moreno, Ana Claudia Talancón or Mia Maestro landing a cover and being far more engaging than featuring someone like what? Anja Rubik on a cover just because Vogue España and Vogue Paris are doing it?, it seems that Eva is trying to compete with the big cats before even establishing an identity back in kitchen and attempting to understand the women that buy this and should be buying this.. and by that I think you need to feature women with an approach to fashion they can relate to.. the region needs baby steps like that, whether that's a step back for a magazine like US Vogue is out of the question.. another culture, another business.. but, if she's already taking time to see what others are doing, I've said this before, she should be looking at what Vogue Brazil is doing and take a couple of tips from them.. and by that I don't mean demanding an amount of regional models (which wouldn't hurt, Argentina's supply may last a whole year right now) but just being more supportive and feature people that, through their lifestyle, have the chance to mean and can influence buyers more closely even if they're not particularly well-known..

#19 MulletProof, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited by moderator Aviar: Sep 27, 2010
  20. CrisGalaxy

CrisGalaxy Active Member

^ Um sorry but I don't find Mexican celebrities that glamorous or into fashion... I should know because I am Mexican and I've actually bought an issue of Vogue Mexico. But what I ment with "disaster" was... what if they put on the cover someone like Pati Navidad with her big boobs that look like they're about to explode... Sure there are some really good-looking celebrities who have style but I feel like there arent enough. Belinda wouldnt be so bad on the cover of Vogue Mexico or Salma Hayek... you guys just got the wrong idea...