Vogue Mexico & Latin America June 2021 : Mica Argañaraz by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

I prefer the photo Vogue Japan used. This one here looks way too hunched. It feels sooooooo weird and 2007 when Vogue editions used SO MANY REPRINTS lol and now it's even worse they use ''versions'' or alterations of the same shoots and pick their favorite which to me takes away a bit of the magic of the original shoot anyways because it wasn't done purposely for one edition but to all of them who wish to use it.

Having said that however the photos from that editorial are amazing. I love Mica, she's an amazing superior model: great look, great attitude, superb legs and height and she's amazing on the runway! I want more models like her instead of instabrats.

I didn't know they would manage to outdo Vogue Japan in the awful cover shot department...but they did!

Maybe we should start reprinting the comments from one thread to the other since Condé seems so keen on giving us the same content just with different language coverlines...

Beauty part, HQ

photo Inez and Vinoodh
model Mica Arganaraz
style George Cortina
hair James Pecis
Makeup Fulvia Farolfi

vogue.mx

That swimsuit editorial...Did Karla demand to look like a lame catalogue? easily could be a catalogue from a colombian bikini brand...and not in a good way...There is a way to make commercial appealing for the masses and still interesting as editorial. I tend to think that when these top teams work for lesser markets, they "relax" their work and make the minimum effort...i don't know...

I&V must have been off somewhere sipping on a piña colada when that beauty edit was shot. Really cheap.

They are not sending their best...

Regardless of how amateur the photos look considering it's I&V, Mica looks gorgeous and vibrant!

She's got the turn of the 80's party-in-Ibiza look that all these French people go bananas for, that's why she's gotten so much longevity in her career, among other reasons!

Jesus.....These shared covers look tragic.....As if we needed a horrible, uninspiring shoot twice, in two different editions....
If the publishing industry is in disarray, this practice or reusing stories across the board will put a final nail in Conde Nast's coffin.
Imagine hiring a duo, TWO photographers, to take these sort of images......

I'm not sure what Vogue Mexico is going for... It's like they can't decide who they are.

what an AWFUL cover.... she always give LATAM the worst covers... the leftovers... that Dilone photo it's not cover worthy at all...Poor Colombian readers....

I don't know how Valentina Collado is the fashion director, she must have connections or something, with just a few exceptions, her work is just depressing...the role is big on her...

I don't know how Valentina Collado is the fashion director, she must have connections or something, with just a few exceptions, her work is just depressing...the role is big on her...

Someone told me that she was close friend of Kelly Talamas during her last months of Vogue, that’s the reason she styled some the latest covers under Kelly. Apparently, she also was a strong contestant to be EIC because of her friendship but Karla won the position. I assume that’s the reason she is fashion director.

Ps. I don’t know if this is true or is just a rumor.

Someone told me that she was close friend of Kelly Talamas during her last months of Vogue, that’s the reason she styled some the latest covers under Kelly. Apparently, she also was a strong contestant to be EIC because of her friendship but Karla won the position. I assume that’s the reason she is fashion director.

Ps. I don’t know if this is true or is just a rumor.

Sounds true to me...but for me her work is a big NO....and yes, she fits the Kelly Talamas era with her style, but i think Karla should find someone else. Her work feels empty to me...In general VM and Latam are having a very bad 2021....and Karla is making the same mistakes as Ana, to be inclusive and social conscious she is recruiting a very bad talent...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->