Vogue Mexico & Latin America June 2021 : Mica Argañaraz by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

O and U letters going under the glasses in the portrait cover, AHAHAAHAHAH!

I cannot believe this job was paid and it is not a sarcastic cover, this looks so f***ing horrible, I am totally baffled by this. The whole thing isn’t even that horrible by styling or else, it is all on I&V this time! Weird lighting, weird editing, weird expressions, everything is so weird in a bad way.

I don't understand why Colombia has another cover, even Dilone is not Colombian. I like the cover for the rest of Latin America, it fits more with the current season (and lockdown). Finally she has a cover! Mica and Joan are the ultimate icons for Latinos, full circle.
These colaborations with VJ, VS and British Vogue (a sign of CN near future), have the VM identity. The team, the models or locations belongs to Karla's edition, so I'm glad that she keeps her vision. I disagree with "It's been an awful year" in terms of covers. I only disliked Demi's, which it has more sense now, because her VM story was meant to be " boyish". I loved their February and March covers for Latin America, and the main editorial for May is beautiful in print. I think VM became one of the more solids editions of Vogue, and I hope Anna don't kill this. I would stop buying Vogue if I find hollywood stars or singers every month.

The swimsuit editorial is so much better! Mica can't do awkward, she's at best when given specific directions.

more
seems like this swimwear/beauty story comes only for Mexico edition

micarganaraz-190330747-819277872061442-8787463461679691912-n.jpg

vogue.mx, IG:lomanagement, micaarganazar, inezvanlamsweerde

Last edited:
God, the same image using as the cover with the japanese edition, but the beauty ed is fine with the Playboy or Lui Magazine's style.

Vogue Hombre is back after a year

Only for Mexico, I think.

So they collaborate with Spain again as their Fashion Director styled the first cover, he looks sleepy. The second is terrible and the best reason why an EIC without styling skills should avoid taking charge of a cover....

Got my issue today and is 128 pages + supplement (32-40 pages, can’t remember)

2 main editorials (both with Mica by I&V), one more of Dilone (6-8 pages)
4 pages of beauty ed plus 6 pages of swimsuit styled by Valentina Collado for the “En Vogue” section.

The suplement is like less than 40 pages, the main editorial and interview with Carlos Vives (a joke) and 6-8 pages of Sebastian’s ed (no interview).

Got my issue today and is 128 pages + supplement (32-40 pages, can’t remember)

2 main editorials (both with Mica by I&V), one more of Dilone (6-8 pages)
4 pages of beauty ed plus 6 pages of swimsuit styled by Valentina Collado for the “En Vogue” section.

The suplement is like less than 40 pages, the main editorial and interview with Carlos Vives (a joke) and 6-8 pages of Sebastian’s ed (no interview).

This sounds remarkably small, no? At this point, are they just publishing an editorial in magazine format? Curious how much longer this magazine has.

This sounds remarkably small, no? At this point, are they just publishing an editorial in magazine format? Curious how much longer this magazine has.
Really, really small, their last january issue has more pages (140/150+) and it feels very thin compared with Vogue US and the quality paper, terrible!

Is the swimsuit editorial in the issue or is it part of some supplement?

On Hans Neumann instagram profile, it's possible to see the editorial with Dilone...it's better than that basic cover...

ESTILO VOGUE
8 pages - 7 photos
Photo: Juan Hernández
Stylist: Valentina Collado
Model: uncredited

BELLEZA
4 pages - 4 photos
Photo: Daniel Jaramillo
Stylist: Audie Umali
Model: Amira Pinheiro

EL AIRE VACCARELLO
16 pages - 7 photos + Vaccarello’s interview