Vogue Mexico & Latin America March 2021 : Taylor Hill & Vivienne Rohner by Chris Colls

Thanks to Luiz Mattos (Gigi Hadid's booker) same goes to Ms Beiber

It's an okay cover for me nothing spectacular that I dont even know what to say...
Ah that is interesting, from what you listed here I wouldnt think he was interested in representing real fashion models.

I don’t think that the cover by I&V is for Vogue Mexico, 100% sure is for another edition or a collab with British Vogue again. Considering since t begin of the pandemic Vogue Mexico has 10 or a little bit more pages of advertising, I&V is expensive AF, even for september

I actually like it? It does exude glamour in a very strange way. I’d give them that.

Nevertheless, I’m still not seeing creativity. If their definition of creativity is stepping up their font game, then I’d be damned!

I love these covers, would immediately pick up that issue if I saw it on a newsstand. Not so sure about the fonts here, but somehow that doesn't seem to bother me so much anymore when the photo is as beautiful. I know there's not a lot of love for Colls on this forum, I for one am a fan of his work, especially the black and white shots.

The cover for Latin America is fire!

I like Taylor. I don't get why Karla don't put her for the Latin American cover. It's the second time (the first was March 2019).

Latin America gets the meh covers...

This cover comes from Vogue Spain march editorial, they are sharing content i think...

Something similar like last month that the same team did editorial for VS and VLTM

Where is the creativity? You have an Insta/Nepo model doing a weak attempt at smouldering?

I see you often refer to Taylor as a nepo model - did I miss something? Is her family that influential in the US?

Taylor isn't an insta/nepo model, though. Like her or not, she earned her spot in the industry through hard work.
The second cover (digital cover, I guess) is much better. I wish they had chosen that shot.
Not digital! Is a second cover, like a fold-out. They always have two covers or fold-outs for March, May, September and December, the issues with more ads.

I didn't know about the Vogue Spain eds. It sells here as VM, but is too expensive. Of course I can see the eds in every VS new thread, but I'm not crazy about that edition.

Last edited:
Valentina styled these covers, and she's part of the VM team, so the contents were made for this edition. Vogue Spain shouldn't publish these eds before VM. Thanks to that, VM could look like a small edition of Vogue full of reprints, just like the times of Eva and Kelly, and this is not the case.

I unfortunately have realized I just don’t like nor believe Taylor as a model she seems nice enough but that’s it

Where is the creativity? You have an Insta/Nepo model doing a weak attempt at smouldering? The true star of this cover is her eyeliner. Great job, MUA!
One can tell that which of the global Vogue editors couldn't give a stuff about the 'creativity' theme. Karla literally got her art director to cook up some vaguely edgy fonts and called it a day, lol. And the sad part is that I know she's better than this!

I don't know why Valentina doesn't style all of Vogue Mexico's covers when she's clearly so capable. I'd much rather see her or Max Ortega on repeat than a stylist who couldn't last at VP.

I don't know why people should call Taylor a nepo/insta model. She was raised in a small town in Colorado and I'm pretty sure she started her career well before the whole Instagram thing blew up. She's had jobs versatile enough to earn the title of a "real model".

Valentina styled these covers, and she's part of the VM team, so the contents were made for this edition. Vogue Spain shouldn't publish these eds before VM. Thanks to that, VM could look like a small edition of Vogue full of reprints, just like the times of Eva and Kelly, and this is not the case.

I think Valentina collaborate with VS with this editorial and because she is part of VM team they decided to use it for VM/VLTM....or they just simply share expenses for both magazines so they both can use the material.

I think Valentina collaborate with VS with this editorial and because she is part of VM team they decided to use it for VM/VLTM....or they just simply share expenses for both magazines so they both can use the material.
That explain the upcoming cover story by Inez and Vinoodh. Don't forget that Vogue Spain changed their EIC.

Taylor's resemblance to Brooke Shields is what put her on the map in the first place, not instagram or nepotism. It just so happens that she got even more famous thanks to social media and management. Whether she is talented enough as a model or not is debatable, I like some of her work, her runway walk is poor at best.

The first cover I love.

I like how these days the word CrEAtiViTy is being splashed over magazines to try to get away with all the uncreativity. I have never been a fan of Taylor's look, I always see people adoring her looks but this has to be the best she has ever delivered. Has she actually improved quite a bit or it's just luck going on? Time will show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->