Vogue Mexico & Latin America March 2021 : Taylor Hill & Vivienne Rohner by Chris Colls

I just extracted the extra pics and posted them in no specific order - they were spliced throughout the edit and it made sense as a whole. For instance, the last double-page image of Taylor on the chair is the closing shot in the LA issue which I think is stunning.

The ed that Valentina styled is exactly as Vogue Spain? Or comes with other photos as well? Thanks Benn

Sounds personal when someone says "But I figure is gonna be praised by 1 or 2 people here". It doesn't sound friendly at all. I'm one the 2 guys that like this magazine and you can read it in almost every thread since 2016. There were covers that I didn't like too (july and august 2017, march 2018, december 2019, january 2020, etc). But as I said, it's a matter of taste. I bought VLA two weeks ago (feb 2021) and I really enjoyed it. I don't buy three or four magazines as I used to because I don't have the money, the pandemic and economic crisis here killed me. This is the only one I can, but it makes me feel good. I didn't like the Selena Gomez cover, but the editorials inside were beautiful. If Vogue USA or Italia were the only magazines available here, I won't spent my money in those.

Again, don’t take it personal. My comment wasn’t about you. In fact, when I wrote that comment your name didn’t cross to my mind, I wrote that comment because is an “ok” issue and like other “ok” issues, have mixed opinions here. I apologize if you feel attacked, as I said to you last time, you can DM me if you wanna talk. I know you’ve been reading VLM since 2016, I have every single issue since december 2013 and been reading VM since Eva Hughes was the editor in chief and been studying this and other Vogues for years. I’m not saying I am the next Anna, Franca or Edward, I’m just saying the things that I notice based on my knowledge and the things that I’ve studied.

I didn’t see the latest issues of Elle but in general it’s a better magazine and very different from Vogue imo,maybe in the last year they changed i don’t know and L’Officiel i think is so good maybe one of the best editions, so bad they have these problems that you mention. It was stronger with her previous EIC.

This issue of Vogue is a disaster, ok maybe not a disaster but forgettable.

I guess elle started doing it about 2 years ago, since Raul started as Fashion Director, they changed their aesthetic to look like Nylon or another magazine focused in millenials and gen z readers. I remember me buying some issues circa 2013 and 2015 and their content was delightful. And yes, L’officiel Mexico is probably the best edition of the title, their content is very consistent. I had high hopes when Brenda Diaz started as EIC considering how she elevated Harper’s Bazaar, so sad she lasted a few months.

^^I started with Vogue in November 2014 (and GQ a month later). I ruined about 20 consecutive issues during an accident in my house. I bought again August, September and October 2016 in 2018. I saved the rest after November 2016. Couldn't find 2015 and the first half of 2016 because it's very hard to buy back issues in Argentina. And due to the pandemic I didn't buy an issue until last December. I've ordered all the issues from april to the last, but the editorial (I don't know if it's the correct form to say this word) sent my from July to Dec. I don't have it all, but I started again thanks to my friend Eduardo.

Last edited:
*I haven't bought (sorry for my english).

Have to admit Chris Colls’ 2 main stories are very straightup pretty: He’s shamelessly copying Meisel with the Taylor one and McDean for the “Collecciones 2021” but who cares-- they're good (just hope he doesn't become VM's lead photographer...). The bestest story is Mauricio’s story with Karen Vega: There’s a strong storyteller’s sensibility and quiet confidence— full of mood and tone that showcase’s Karen’s folklore features so beautifully. Hope VM realizes what strong native talent they have and support them more. Because, their best content is showcasing their own people in every issue.

(Shame that they seemed to have smoked some strong sh*t to sign off on the hideous typography… Only Emmaneulle’s team is skilled enough to pull off the ransom note graphic design.

VM isn’t going to break any new high fashion or high design frontiers. But when they stick to a classic layout and keep it Mexican, they possess more individuality and personality than current Vogue US/UK/Italia combined.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieRunway
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->