Vogue Mexico November 2022 : América González by Emmanuel Sánchez Monsalve

kokobombon

Reaction score

I never noticed her resemblance to Gemma Ward until now :shock:

On a different note, how much I hate that LA shares this with Mexico... "winter´s arrival" :rolleyes:

I don’t like it, she looks bored out of her mind and the styling is uninspired.

The last photo should have been on the cover instead of that uninspiring half-body shot of hers.

Glad to see América getting another Vogue cover.

I take this as a reality check reminding me of how drab these high-end designer clothes actually look without any sort of styling.

Edit: So sorry, I have to eat my words because at first, I did not see that there were two belts. Major..

The cover story's actually pretty decent. América looks like a mix of Georgia Palmer and Gemma Ward.

On a different note, how much I hate that LA shares this with Mexico... "winter´s arrival" :rolleyes:
At least is a model! I only liked Imaan's cover this year, and that one was a summer edition when here was really cold. Can't believe what happened to this magazine over the last year. I remember beign upset when Tindi's cover was replaced with Zoe. This one makes me happy, really. It's like one of Karla's old issues. Also I was expecting for América after her Vogue Korea cover, one of my favorites in 2022.

This style suits well to Latam. I can relate nature with our region. That was the reason I fell for Karla's Vogue years ago, that's the true identity.

America has such a frustrating portrait. Her face can look extremely strong— like the close-cropped portrait and the cover select; but then the B&W full body shot and the sitting portrait, her face is not that of a model. Not by any standards. It’s unfortunate, since the compositions of those shots are the best and classic Vogue.

Both covers are fine. That América's editorial is a decent & good tribute to the Hans Feurer's photography back in the 80's.

Fun fact: a lot of people die of hypothermia in both LA and Mexico every year. But yeah, I remember I’d see European tourists freezing in January in LA cause.. underdressed, and looking positively confused that it wasn’t scorching hot as they saw in some cliché scene of a movie where it’s always sunny and everyone’s heading to the beach and you wear shorts and tank tops all year round lmao. Yes, it’s not a tundra and thankfully spared from having to connect a pipe from who knows where to heat it up, but it does get cold in the general understanding of COLD. Not really that different from Buenos Aires’ cold, though LA is actually surrounded by snow for most of the winter/spring.

Anyway, I see more a resemblance to this terrible model, Selena Forrest (??), and that’s not a good sign. Art direction is also like.. ??. The cover with the Bardo actresses looks like an attempt to channel Gucci but.. it’s just giving telenovela.

Fun fact: a lot of people die of hypothermia in both LA and Mexico every year. But yeah, I remember I’d see European tourists freezing in January in LA cause.. underdressed, and looking positively confused that it wasn’t scorching hot as they saw in some cliché scene of a movie where it’s always sunny and everyone’s heading to the beach and you wear shorts and tank tops all year round lmao. .

I think @kokobombon means that in (parts of) Latin America it's spring about to be summer, not winter. :lol:

^^Sorry, I wrote LA meaning Latin America, where summer is arriving :angel:

^ stop! you triggered my new and totally unnecessary ‘no LA slander on my watch!’. :rofl:

AL AIRE LIBRE
Photography:
Emmanuel Monsalve
Styling: Valentina Collado
Hair: Matthew Aduly
Make-up: Michaela Bosch
Model: América González

Vogue Mexico & Latin America Digital Edition; instagram.com/voguemexico; vogue.mx

VIVIR, SER Y ESTAR...
Photography:
Santiago Sierra Soler
Styling: Chino Castilla
Hair: Aldo EK
Make-up: Daniel Avilán
Models/Celebrities: Griselda Siciliani & Ximena Lamadrid

Vogue Mexico & Latin America Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members