Vogue Netherlands December 2017 : Alexa Chung by Marc de Groot

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by vogue28, Nov 6, 2017.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

2. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Looks very tacky and high-street, not in a good way. Furthermore, it doesn't look like her at all.

I suppose it's now time for Alexa to infiltrate international Vogue editions since her major supply in the UK got cut off.

3. MON

MON Well-Known Member

How random...

4. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

She looks a bit dead in the eyes but I think it's far from a bad cover. When you compare it to her last Vogue UK one, this is a masterpiece.

5. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

Her last UK cover is the worst cover of the year lol, and this one is okay but do ppl outside Britain care about her?:rolleyes:

6. narcyza

narcyza Active Member

It's quite nice but only black font will be much better.

7. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

How cheeky of you, MDNA! :lol: Perhaps we'll see her on Vogue China soon, she does have Chinese ancestry after all.

I think some still do. Alexa's biggest mistake was not striking the iron while it was hot. Her cult starts and ends with her style, and she was probably never as famous as she was between the 2010-2014 era. She should've done this then. Like many it-girls with no discernablde talent or craft, her days are numbered unless she reinvent herself soon.

8. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Alexa Chung was the first person I thought of not getting another Vogue cover after Alexandra Shulman resigned from British Vogue - but here she is on Vogue Netherlands. Alexa feels kinda random for Vogue Netherlands, no? She looks good but the whole art direction of the cover is atrocious.

9. anlabe32

anlabe32 Well-Known Member

I hardly doubt anyone knows her here.. that is if they will even recognize her.

10. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

Ahhha, honestly I feel she has faded a lot, few years ago all the fashion bloggers were bombarding her style on social media, but now it’s all about instagirls, almost no one talk about her in China, hence a Vogue China cover is not happening. Unless as you said, reinventing herself, but can she be successful as Victoria Beckham? It’s pretty doubtful.

11. Les_Sucettes

Les_Sucettes Well-Known Member

Well they do sell her atrocious fashion brand over here, so clearly some buyers think there is a market for it. I'm the last person that would give another cover to Alexa, but this one compared to prior offerings is not that bad if I look at her purely as a model. I really like the eyes.

12. Srdjan

Srdjan Well-Known Member

When celebs/top models start appearing on random international magazines, you know they are actually irrelevant.

13. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Hang on, when exactly did you swop fish & chips for Gouda?? Traitor! :pink: Hope you'll enjoy it there. Weather is dreadful, but the people are more attractive on average, isn't it?

As for Alexa, I've heard that while her line had a solid performance in the UK, it still performed below projected expectations. That's probably why they went global....
    Have you seen the site? You need to see the site. It's....very Alexa, lol.

14. Vitamine W

Vitamine W Well-Known Member

I like the pic but not impressed by it being a cover. On top if that Im pretty sure nobody in the Netherlands knows who she is. Probably another lukewarm brainfart by Karin S. the EIC. Im so done with her. Wonder what will happen to this Dutch franchise now Hearst has taken over..

15. Les_Sucettes

Les_Sucettes Well-Known Member

Yes I did. Well my husband is Dutch so I’m a little biased, i do think they are more attractive but in general the British are much nicer. Anyhoo...i will check that site, i’m prepared cringe!

16. maxlinden

maxlinden Active Member

Why does Alexa Chung look like Leona Lewis? That unfortunately was the only thing here I found interesting.