Vogue Netherlands December 2018 : Katlin Aas by Tung Walsh

Color me surprised, I dont hate it. Who knew they had the guts to put out a cover that harsh and cold for the December holidays. Im sure the EIC had an absence during that meeting. Dont like the main cover text size and color tho. Masthead should have been metallic, maybe it is in print(?).

Love Katlin but wish she would've been more excited.
Another photographer would've been more fitting as well.

This dress with this pose and angle is a hard pass for me. It feels like there is a lot o information when it really isn't. Weird.

I love Katlin since I saw her in Vogue Portugal. I really like the cover! Editorial is really good.

I like this. The layout out still leaves me comd

Very surprised to see Katlin Aas on the cover of Vogue. But I'm also very excited about this! I love Katlin.
It's a nice cover. The hair could have been different and better for a "party issue", though.

Nice mood and cover for December party issue

What a random choice for the cover. Katlin's moment passed years ago. Is being Dutch and a model the only requirements to book this cover?

The shot looks ok. Very 'Marie Claire trying to showcase Saint Laurent', but tolerable. And the art direction makes it better. But I won't be rushing to get this.

What a random choice for the cover. Katlin's moment passed years ago. Is being Dutch and a model the only requirements to book this cover?
And it’s even more random because she’s not even Dutch!

And it’s even more random because she’s not even Dutch!

Eh? I thought she was Dutch! Quel dommage, :lol: And the reason I thought so was because of her surname. Pretty sure 'Aas' means 'bait' in Dutch. I know, I know, foolish assumption to make because 'Kos' is not necessarily Dutch, yet Birgit is. I think it's Greek-ish?

Eh? I thought she was Dutch! Quel dommage, :lol: And the reason I thought so was because of her surname. Pretty sure 'Aas' means 'bait' in Dutch. I know, I know, foolish assumption to make because 'Kos' is not necessarily Dutch, yet Birgit is. I think it's Greek-ish?
That’s exactly why I thought Birgit was Greek, because Kos is a Greek island :rofl: It took me a few seasons to find out she is Dutch.

Katlin is Estonian (I had to look it up) But ’aas’ is indeed the Dutch word for ‘bait’. But it’s not a Dutch surname.

Last edited:
AM to PM
Tung Walsh - Photographer
Gijsje Ribbens - Fashion Editor/Stylist
Daniel Martin-hairstylist - Hair Stylist
Kathy le Sant - Makeup Artist
Katlin Aas - Model

models

Eternal Love
Photographer: Thomas Goldblum
Stylist: Ferdi Sibbel
Hair: Alexandry Costa
Makeup: William Bartel
Model: Silke van Daal

womenmanagement

She doesn't look too festive. Her face says the opposite: "I wanna get the heck out of here"

There’s also a lovely editorial with Bette Franke and her family in the country. It has quite a nice Testino late 90s UK Vogue vibe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->