Vogue Netherlands December 2020 : Felice Nova by Gregory Styles

I absolutely loved the Saint Laurent collection, but I wish stylists wouldn't just copy it one by one from the runway. The make up looks a little bit harsh on her for my taste, but all in all not a bad cover!

Love how allowances are being made for Rianne not being booked for this edition. LOL. Imaan has been busy non-stop for years and that didn't prevent her from booking multiple covers. Maybe they just don't like Rianne, which would be funny considering they're so obsessed with pushing everyone and everything Dutch, Dutch, Dutch all the time. I mean I recall one cover she shot for them, which was awful btw because, well, it is Dutch Vogue after all.

Anyway, back to this cover. It's one of their better attempts and maybe it works because a) It's a VP copy, something this new EIC has been doing since her first issue, and b) Felice is actually a gorgeous model who can give the photographer what they want. So

In some perfect universe, where Franca and Steven still working for Vogue Italia you may find the dutch wave reflected on their covers. So many beauties there.

Love how allowances are being made for Rianne not being booked for this edition. LOL. Imaan has been busy non-stop for years and that didn't prevent her from booking multiple covers. Maybe they just don't like Rianne, which would be funny considering they're so obsessed with pushing everyone and everything Dutch, Dutch, Dutch all the time. I mean I recall one cover she shot for them, which was awful btw because, well, it is Dutch Vogue after all.

Anyway, back to this cover. It's one of their better attempts and maybe it works because a) It's a VP copy, something this new EIC has been doing since her first issue, and b) Felice is actually a gorgeous model who can give the photographer what they want. So
We're still waiting for Mica on the cover of Vogue Latin America, hahaha. Rianne is not the only one.

We're still waiting for Mica on the cover of Vogue Latin America, hahaha. Rianne is not the only one.

At least HB Argentina did give Mica a cover, with the coverline 'Venus de Ebano', lol, complete with questionable Josephine Baker styling. BUT she looked stunning, her best magazine cover yet.
Surprised she doesn't have a cover under Karla considering she's supposedly so booksmart.

To think that when Mica and Rianne started booking work, everyone thought Mica would be the star because she always got the most shot in edits featuring both of them, and got VP and UK Vogue covers ahead of Rianne.

At least HB Argentina did give Mica a cover, with the coverline 'Venus de Ebano', lol, complete with questionable Josephine Baker styling. BUT she looked stunning, her best magazine cover yet.
Surprised she doesn't have a cover under Karla considering she's supposedly so booksmart.

To think that when Mica and Rianne started booking work, everyone thought Mica would be the star because she always got the most shot in edits featuring both of them, and got VP and UK Vogue covers ahead of Rianne.
Our HB (which is dead now) wasn't a great fashion title, but it's sad that closed. Elle was (and is) way better in terms of photography and styling, and the EIC of HB was the first Elle editor here, but I have some issues of the 90s and I didn't like how she works. In another note, yes, I'm still surprised that Mica never appeared in VM. Maybe she works only for european magazines and brands. I don't see a feud between Karla and Mica, but at this moment Mica is the most successful model of Latin America.

This is by far their best cover for 2020 I think. I love it. Felice is a gorgeous model and this cover shows how versatile she can be.

Bit naive there, not a lot is good enough for Rianne's bookers. One in particular. ( Even though they manage Imaan as well) Trust.
BTW this cover sucks. Felice deserves better.

If anyone has it in better quality, feel free to post!

BELLE DE JOUR
Gregory Harris - Photographer
Dimphy den Otter - Fashion Editor/Stylist
Hester Wernert - Hair Stylist
Siddhartha Simone - Makeup Artist

models

Not a bad editorial. That shot with the black leather jacket would’ve made a far superior cover (with out the bag).

Reminds me to that gorgeous editorial of Luna Bijl and Birgit Kos by Carlijn Jacobs

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->