Vogue Netherlands September 2018 : Birgit Kos, Kiki Willems & Yasmin Wijnaldum by Quentin de Briey

The second cover is a cheap attempt to replicate Vogue Italia’s tragic cover with Mica, Doutzen ++. The setting, the angle, have they no shame?

The second cover is a cheap attempt to replicate Vogue Italia’s tragic cover with Mica, Doutzen ++. The setting, the angle, have they no shame?
Apparently not :rofl: But I do like Kiki’s cover better that the VI covers to be honest.

The other covers are good too. But I hate the font used for the ‘super model’ line. Very cheap, very amateur.

All three covers are ridiculous and God-awful. The clulessness of Dutch Vogue knows no bounds. Who on earth would consider Birgit's look and shot for a cover? And what a shame to let Kiki debut on a multi cover. Not her biggest fan, but she deserved better than this.

The casting is great! It might be the only good thing about these covers.
The styling is very heavy and certainly not the most appealing. It's terrible, actually. Birgit's look? Street worker jacket, long and massive perfecto, topped with leopard creepers and a leopard neck-thing? Ugh.
Also, why the obsession with sand dunes and oyat? It's nice but this is clearly a replica of Vogue Italia's June covers here.
Casting is full of potential, you would expect a lot better as an outcome. Another missed opportunity. I agree Kiki Willems deserves way better than this.

Also, why the obsession with sand dunes and oyat? It's nice but this is clearly a replica of Vogue Italia's June covers here.

Maybe they're aching for some Willy Vanderperre! Has he ever shot a cover for them? Can't recall.

Nope, he never has.

Thanks! Certainly doubt whether it's a coincidence, they'd have tried to book him, I'm sure. Always baffles me how we very rarely see Sassen and Van De Wijngaard shoot covers for this edition. Instead Karin will break her back to overload Marc De Groot.

Thanks! Certainly doubt whether it's a coincidence, they'd have tried to book him, I'm sure. Always baffles me how we very rarely see Sassen and Van De Wijngaard shoot covers for this edition. Instead Karin will break her back to overload Marc De Groot.
I don’t understand it either.

So many great Dutch photographers, and all we get is Marc de Groot mediocrity.

I actually love Birgit's cover and outfit. :lol:

Why is everyone screaming?! :lol: This is NL Vogue, and this is probably the best covers they produced this year. Good casting!

Yasmin cover is actually very luxe. I'm not sure about Brigit cover because of the styling. Kiki cover looks good but god forbid that set needs to be burnt. I can't believe there's a set that is as overused as a brand's key look. lol

These are all terrible... Yasmin's face looks beyond photoshopped and the fact that it's film makes the bad photoshop job look even worse although her cover is the most interesting of the three. Kiki's is mediocre. Don't have much to say on Birgit's... Head looks weird almost like it was also photoshopped from another photo on to her body. Lighting is terrible, posing, composition. Just no.

Really bad photoshop! Epic fail. They chopped their necks and hair to put the VOGUE logotype behind lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvtvi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->