Vogue Netherlands September 2019 : Luna Bijl & Birgit Kos by Carlijn Jacobs

Getting vintage Vogue vibes! Surprisingly, I like all 3 covers

First cover Birgit could have looked stronger but she nails her solo cover.
Luna of course is stunning in both.
Really loving these!

I love both of them (Luna & Birgit), but the retro style needs to die. I prefer Birgit's cover.

The instant glow up with the photos! Love it. However, the art direction still needs improvement.

Also, the first cover kinda feels lazy. They should’ve placed the masthead behind the women

LOVE the first cover and its vintage vibes. But judging from the other covers, the editorial is all over the place?

I looooooove the third cover!
I like the first 2 covers but they are very Gilles Bensimon for Elle in the 80’s and styled by Carlyne.
They don’t say « Vogue » to me but they are good.

I love the first cover. Love the colors, very 80's. I just don't like the font.

Woah! They're all gorgeous but the first cover is everything I wish Vogue Paris was right now. I need a liiiiiiittle bit more light on Birgit's face there though, and it would've been perfect. But it comes very close.

The images are perfection. This has been my most anticipated cover so far because of the new EIC's full-fledged debut, and it doesn't disappoint. Love the shot of both girls together. Very easy yet glam retro vibe even though it's not exactly Carlijn's vibe. Luna's solo cover is also stunning. Birgit's, however, doesn't work for me. Unfortunately, she doesn't have the most varied poses and she got a lot of editorial work from French Elle and German Vogue where this pose could be seen in 1001 different ways. Overexposure isn't always a good thing.

Now the art direction makes the entire thing look like Karin Swerink still had a hand in this which is sad.

LOVE! Luna and Birgit are both so gorgeous!!

Gorgeous models make gorgeous covers.

By far my favorite September covers so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"