Cast: Athalia Ama, Emma Poiblanc, Ilya Vermeulen, Sade van der Hoeven

Vogue Netherlands Digital Edition

Photographer: Walter Perre
Stylist: Sofie van der Velden
Hair & Makeup: Suzanne Verberk
Manicure: Jessica Scholten
Cast: Damaris Goddrie

Vogue Netherlands Digital Edition

Thank you Benn98! Always appreciate your contributions to the thread. I don’t see any clear vogue Paris references, the issue looks more like another “indie” vogue publication, such as Portugal, Poland, Czech. This is the nice start for new eic, hope she will deliver in the future, anyway after this issue I will point more attention toward vogue nl. Jacobs stories are very nice and this is second time I’m gonna buy vogue nl- previous was testino issue with doutZen and Lara. To be honest I was waiting for more from the issue judging from covers, the Chanel one is so reminiscent of vogue Russia premiere issue - sept 98 with Kate and amber shot by testino on red square in Moscow

dc6faa166c2a.jpg

Source : my scan

This cover story is a better Helmut Newton tribute than whatever crap that was VI produced.

The styling of these sucks, including the covers, but with these 2 knockouts and their timeless beauty featured how can you go wrong? Easily the best Vogue Netherlands cover ever. They need to feature Dutch models more, it just makes sense -- like Vogue Australia featuring Australians when they were at their strongest.

Wow. No words.
Come through Vogue NL.
That first cover is Vogue Deutsch circa 1990-91. AMAZING.

I love the typeface on the covers. It’s so wrong that it’s right! It looks fresh!

It’s such an unabashed/unashamed/unapologetic love letter to Emmanuelle and her VP: The retro-vibe, the art direction— down to the exact type that’s become VP’s signature, the layout, the jewelry/accessories features are a direct xerox of VP’s Miss Vogue/Bijoux…

I'll begrudgingly admit that you were right. While this is indeed splendid (which to me means that I don't inherently deplore Emmanuelle Alt's vison - just that she doesn't allow any form of deviation), I do feel that it's too similar to VP for a debut edition. Perfectly fine for the type of Dutchie living under wafts of marijuana in Amsterdam, but if one were to compare this to other global editions in terms of originality or vision it won't keep up. Even ditching the glamour in favour of a more clinical vibe doesn't disguise the Miss Vogue roots of Kasia's jewellery edit.
Do like the main editorials, and kudos to whoever's decision it was to run that many double-page shots. It gives the illusion of a lengthy and expansive story when in fact most edits clock in at 10 pages.

^Totally agree.

but I don't like how they just copied pasted VP. I am a bit unamused of these Vogue editions (UA, Poland, Russia, etc) which just look at the big 4 and decide to just copy.

I still try to understand what is the Dutch fashion? What is its essence? What do they have? Because by thinking of VP September issue, we all know big 4 have really distinctive culture of fashion and style yet for all the other editions I don't see any and that's maybe why I really don't care about the other Vogue. They don't bring anything new or different on the table to me.

I rarely buy magazines these days but I love the cover so much I need to get this magazine. Does anyone know where can I buy this? I couldn't find anything on ebay.

This really is how you do September, major kudos to the Vogue Netherlands team on this. A duo of fabulous Dutch models on a trio of covers for the biggest month of the year feels so right, and it's just an added bonus that the outcome is so wonderful.

I am all for the subtle Guy Bourdin vibes of the cover feature (and that opening shot of Luna Bijl in her solo editorial)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->