Vogue Paris April 2009 : Scarlett Johansson by Mario Sorrenti

Faith Akiyama

Staff member
Reaction score
090318-scarlett-johansson-pour-vogue.aspx66688PageMainImageRef.jpg

Vogue.fr

CNN's Revealed joined Roitfeld and five members of her team as they gathered round a glass table to choose the cover of the April edition of French Vogue.

It doesn't happen often -- usually the cover is a fait accompli -- but this time U.S. actress Scarlett Johansson has confused the issue by unexpectedly dying her hair.

"This cover, it was very difficult," Carine explains, "because we want people to recognize Scarlett and then she changed her hair color."

Three mock-ups lie on the table; different fonts, colors and wording cover Johansson's lascivious poses. It's clear which one Carine prefers and, rather predictably, it's her choice that will hit news stands this week.

"I think this is a Vogue image and I want to stick to being Vogue," she says of her decision. "The cover is like the publicity for your magazine. It's very important. We need the more appealing one, the more visible one."
French Vogue to tighten its belt - CNN.com

The one they are viewing may not be the final selection, however...

Last edited by a moderator:
I only like the fella on the left-hand side of that shot. He has a lot of hair going on.

I knew this for three days... but was not sure if it was the real cover.

What is Carine wearing ?

Mmmmmm, the cover....I am still undecided.

I like scarett, she's nice and beautiful. great actress.

I don't really know what to think, if I like the fact that Scarlett is on the cover or not...

That said, I like the font too !

I like the hot pink, but not the pose. It's too predictable. "Scarlett as ravenous godess woman". We get it - she has boobs. Can we please move on? I'm sick of girls who being portrayed as "curvy" and "womanly" based on this alone. I personally find Scarlett more striking when they take her out of this context. bleurgh.

she makes me wanna unsnap to chic :ermm:
not so happy to see Vogue Paris conforming and doing celeb covers..but i guess it looks okay and probably will look good IRL.
it's something different.

^ :lol:
Hmm, the pink looks pleasant and spring like
Personally, the pose in the cover third from the right on the table looks best. But if the fourth is a standing one, I love covers with plenty of negative space.

I do not like what shes wearing, it looks terrible on her.

WOW so they are choosing the April cover in mid-March?! I thought magazines have to present their content well in advance? :unsure:

I really hope they choose the cover that Carine is holding! That's STUNNING! And I would buy it no doubt!

I'm guessing its the work of Mert&Marcus too, so we can expect an editorial with Scarlett by the duo, no? :woot: :heart:

^I'm sure that this was filmed a tad bit in advance -- CNN wouldn't be able to reveal the cover/choices until around this time, anyway :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->