Vogue Paris April 2019 : Adut, Andreea & Raquel by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by MDNA, Mar 18, 2019.

1. GinAndTonic

GinAndTonic Active Member

Wow, I’m impressed by the three covers, especially Adut’s one. Gonna make me buy a Vogue Paris for the first time in years...

2. kasper!

kasper! Well-Known Member

Looks promising! Can't wait to see the review...and editorials with jeans of course!

Lola701 and Fiercification like this.
  3. thatsfierce

thatsfierce Well-Known Member

Finally! Finally Raquel got the f*cking cover!!!!!!!! It was about damn time. She looks stunning. This is so well deserve :heart:. Also loving Adut's cover, so happy for her too.

4. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

They don´t look like VP covers but I like them, I only wish Imaan had a cover instead of Andreea so they were all first timers...

Benn98 likes this.
  5. Morgane07

Morgane07 Well-Known Member

Yes, Imaan or Sun Fei Fei would have been lovely. Shot by Karim Sadli for instance, I really liked his High Society shoot for Vogue UK.

kokobombon likes this.
  6. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Truly wonderful to see Raquel Zimmermann finally score the cover of Vogue Paris, after all those years of countless editorials for the magazine. A well deserved cover indeed!

Adut Akech's is the only one which feels cover-worthy to me, though. The covers with Andreea and Raquel both feel weak in comparison, almost like they were an afterthought when putting the issue together. Vogue Paris usually does multi-covers so much better, more coherent (like the ones with Kate, Lara and Daria).

7. Fiercification

Fiercification Well-Known Member

I wonder how many people specifically thought 'oh, really? Finally!' to themselves when they saw Raquel on the cover. Not enthralled as ever by Emanuelle Jeans' vision here, but at least two out of three models are good choices here and the issue might hold some promise.

lelaid and Lola701 like this.
  8. caioherrero

caioherrero Well-Known Member

Raquel ❤️❤️

9. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

These covers look and feel as if any individual spirit and independent attitude that I always adored about VP and Emmanuelle is replaced by a safe, homogenous, generic Stepford Wives Vogue shots.

These PC and female-gaze days are so painfully, numbingly bland in the context of high fashion. MOC these days are given so few opportunities to play the role of sexual beings, if at all: Smouldering, primal, full of attitude and radiantly defiant and redefining, challenging the conventions of beauty and glamour. Instead, someone like Adut is usually always shot as some precious, sculptural ornament to be handled delicately, lacking any sexuality or flair. I know the new puritan culture would likely bash anyone who dares to present MOC as anything but a carefully-curated, regal and pristine image, and editors and photographers are so afraid of offending the slightest of PC-sensibilities. But Emmanuelle going with this ridiculous shot of Adut styled and shot to resemble those Anne Geddes babies just further enforces that new puritan dreck I loathe about the current state of high fashion. This is high fashion watered down to PG-rated accessibility. (At least I&V possesses the skills to photographed dark skin beautifully— unlike so many photographers working thee days, I’ll give them that.)

(And I’m not drinking the TFS Kool-Aid for Raquel that so many members are… But unlike all the one-note InstaCelebs and spawns of celebs plaguing Vogue covers, it’s so admittedly amazing to see a talented veteran gracing the cover of VP, on principle alone. She absolutely deserves it. Too bad it’s such a catalogue shot.)

10. DK92

DK92 Well-Known Member

So happy for Raquel, despite thinking that all models deserved better covers!

11. SanderGreen

SanderGreen Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Previews taken from Vogue.fr

vogue28, aracic, Perickles and 5 others like this.
  12. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

Adut looks like chewing gum and the other covers are so pedestrian.

kasper! and dfl-001 like this.
  13. Morgane07

Morgane07 Well-Known Member

Very happy to see Fran Summers, she's quickly becoming a favourite, she definitely has the it factor and looks amazing in print. But tired of Edie Campbell to be honest, although her ed looks different than her usual eds with her little snooty expression.

14. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Wow, Edie easily does her best work for Alt, every time i am impressed with how well she works for them.

Valentine27 and MON like this.
  15. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Well-Known Member

Loving Raquel and Adut's covers.

Thrilled happy for Raquel, who is one of the best and most consistently excellent models around. :flower:

Bertrando3 likes this.
  16. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Previews look good, think I'll be a fan of the cover story judging from that shot of Raquel and I will always and forever been a one for Anna Ewers by Lachlan Bailey. I feel sold on everything from Anna's golden glow to those gorgeous warm colours and the set design.

Very much looking forward to the issue on a whole now!

Valentine27, Blayne266 and mikel like this.
  17. TZ001

TZ001 Well-Known Member

Plus two Miss Vogue editorials (20p). A stunning beauty editorial by David Sims (22p). Tribute to Karl Lagerfeld (28p).

mikel, Blayne266 and Benn98 like this.
  18. Blayne266

Blayne266 Well-Known Member

Can someone post the Ed’s please? I’m very intrigued by this issue, especially the Karl tribute and cover story.

19. TZ001

TZ001 Well-Known Member

A Fleur De Peau
    Photographed by David Sims
    Styled by Emmanuelle Alt
    IMG_8182.JPG IMG_8183.JPG IMG_8184.JPG IMG_8185.JPG IMG_8186.JPG IMG_8187.JPG IMG_8188.JPG IMG_8189.JPG IMG_8190.JPG IMG_8191.JPG

Image credit: Vogue Paris digital edition via PressReader

vogue28, guimon, 333101 and 2 others like this.
  20. TZ001

TZ001 Well-Known Member

+1
    IMG_8192.JPG

Image credit: Vogue Paris digital edition via PressReader

vogue28, guimon and Morgane07 like this.