Vogue Paris April 2019 : Adut, Andreea & Raquel by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by MDNA, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Vogue Paris Digital Edition

2. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Out Of Africa
    Photographer: Lachlan Bailey
    Model: Anna Ewers
    Stylist: Geraldine Saglio
    Make-up: Petros Petrohilos
    Hair: Rudi Lewis

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Valentine27 and Blayne266 like this.
  3. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Magie Noire
    Model: Fran Summers
    Photographer: Alasdair McLellan
    Styled: Aleksandra Woroniecka

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

LiquidDiamond and Plax like this.
  4. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Magie Mode, A fleur de peau and Karl’s tribute are great.
    The main ed is weak, quite tacky actually...
    And Out Of Africa just looks like one of those VP’s Ed...It could have been in L.A., the French country side in the south...
    At least, it’s not offensive for social media.

I miss Barbieri in this issue.

AnaD and Benn98 like this.
  5. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

The concept, styling, and photography behind Magie Noire are perfect, but I reckon another model should have been cast for this edit. And this is coming from someone who actually likes Fran. She's just playing at being a cute girl here. I'm guessing they went for a Musidora as Irma Vep vibe, who was very theatrical and had a lot of presence even though it was a silent serial.

[​IMG]

It looks like all Alt's favourite photographers came to play for this issue! I'd never in a million years have imagined Alasdair to be responsible for Magie Noire. The couture edit with the placards should actually have been the only version in the issue, just to add a unique edge to what looks like yet another I&V studio shoot. The other shots look too generic and scattered. As if there was no storyline. At least American Vogue had a structured flow with their couture edit and hand-picked some looks to further their story - sickly sweet feminine colours. It did mean that they had to miss out on other couture looks, but I'd rather something cohesive than scattered. That's what editors are supposed to do. Anyway, the long Sims edit is my favourite. All the models really deliver, the styling is superb, and yet again Sims adds a much welcome degree of emotion to his work. He's really evolving impressively with each shoot.

Madrecoretsbaja

AnaD likes this.
  6. Fiercification

Fiercification Well-Known Member

Much say this is a great issue for them; April always seems to be their high-point in the year, particularly compared to March.

Fran's edit by Alasdair actually takes me back to Kristen's 'Dame of Thrones' with the smoke (and mirrors) effects and David's feature is a welcome reminder of how well he handles avant-garde beauty. I almost think the highlight is the KL tribute though, the layouts are almost even Baron level.

KateIsGr8 and Benn98 like this.
  7. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Vogue Paris April 2019 - Emmanuelle Alt's editor's letter:

[​IMG]

English translation via Google:

This photo was made by Karl Lagerfeld for an edition of Vogue about fifteen years ago.
    I was very intimidated to pose statically, facing him, in his studio 7L. Never mind. "Let's abstain from torture and go to the street," he said. You will only have to walk and you will not notice anything! "
    My memories with Karl are innumerable. I had the chance to work with him for years. I was especially lucky to live with him moments of intimacy very privileged. Many trips, stops in his house in Biarritz and so many dinners where we talked about everything, nothing, serious subjects, futile parentheses. And so much laugh ... Hedi Slimane,
    for which Karl had boundless tenderness and admiration, was, moreover, often our accomplice. When he held your hand and spoke to you, Karl gave you the illusion that you were the only person who counted in his eyes, that the relationship he had with you was unique, exclusive. Even though he was very surrounded, what we shared, both of us belong to us, and he has not ceased to be present, physically or through little messages of affection up to the end. To write the fine word, to mention death about Karl Lagerfeld is very difficult for me. It's an abstraction
    Karl seemed immortal. He never complained, with the gaze on tomorrow, did not turn in the rear-view mirror of his existence and exhaled the energy and youth he loved to surround himself with.
    I hoped I would never have to write this editorial ... And it is with a heavy heart that I say goodbye to him. And last time thank you for his kindness, kindness and friendship.

8. lelaid

lelaid Well-Known Member

The Inez & Vinoodh & David Sims editorials are pretty great.

9. Srdjan

Srdjan Well-Known Member

Did anyone see all three covers on the newsstands? I only ran into Adut's cover, both in Switzerland and Serbia. Thankfully it's was the one I'm into the most but I wonder if the other two are in regular sale?

10. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

Here in Holland (at least the place where I live) there’s only Adut’s cover on the newsstand. Which is a shame, because I also want to get Raquel’s cover.

Srdjan likes this.