Vogue Paris April 2021 : Nora Attal by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

She was not on set with Alt. She was on set with Karla, Inez and Valentina.

it’s most likely for another cover... she will have it soon, I can feel it.

I want to see bug names, like Gisele, Claudia, Anja, Naomi...

IF ONLY! the last time (2018?) the supers were featured (Claudia included), Alt had the disrespect to give all the other supers a cover and not her. I will never forgive for that.

I don't like this cover at all. I think the lighting is terrible.

I received the issue today and I'm afraid I find it to be rather boring and unexciting. As I expected, Nora Attal fails to make an impression on me in the main editorial. I think her print modeling skills are quite limited. A stronger model would have been more convincing. The set and colors are exquisite though. I've been more impressed with Rebecca Leigh's versatily in her "Vacances de rêve" editorial. She looks intriguing in that punk-ish blonde hairstyle, I haven't recognized her at first.
This is a forgettable issue for me. Let's hope next month will hold its promises (if there's any?) since it's supposed to be the 100th anniversary issue!

So the upshot of all the chatter is...... we can expect Imaan on the cover of Vogue Mexico? Because I'd be quite annoyed her editorial is tucked behind the Demi Lovato cover....

Thanks for the reviews, Sixtdaily & Valentine! :flower: Sounds great but I'd like to see more of Louise de Chevigny, not just here, in general. She really stunned me with that February editorial.

I flipped it through and it’s so bad. Main editorial is taken from US elle, Lea Meylan is on one picture and she is from fashion family (mom works for zadig and Voltaire, sister - for Petronio associates and so on), I guess her appearance here is just random, she is not model. Rebecca is a white back studio shoot looking forgettable and weird in a bad way. Miss vogue is just a catalog garbage. Malika works for Zara looks more interesting. Luna by solve is just a plain white background with black clothes on.

Léa Meylan is actually VP staff lol... she really sticks out like a sore thumb in this issue.

Even though Alt managed to keep me alive a bit longer, she needs to go. She is a one-dimensional stylist unable to reinvent herself or catching the fashion zeitgeist to make it her own.

The casting is wrong for the whole issue. I don't know who is the booking editor but she/he should be fired to not know the models of the moment or even discovering new faces that would fit VP's DNA. Nora Attal is absolutely not a VP girl and she will never be. The nepotism girl/intern/socialite should have never been in the front of the lens.

Most of the time we are more impressed by some little section in the magazines - "Miss Vogue" than the main editorials. That's alarming.

The demise of fashion publications here is their old and tired elitism. Plenty of new talents, full of energy and ideas are ready to slay but don't have the proper connections to have at least one meeting. That's why for the past 10 years, we are stuck with the same old farts of fashion.

They are victims of their own stupidity. If the rumours are true and VP is about to close. I want to say farewell, you deserve it

Don’t European Vogues now have new overseers giving them “general direction”?

Whenever French Vogue is forced into doing a themed issue, they seem to produce garbage where you can feel the passive-aggressive reluctance seeping from the poorly-designed cover.

Now every issue is starting to feel like that.

The big problem of ALT is that her vision of VP is stucked in her way to styled things...that makes her a limited editor. One thing is to have a visual identity and other is to narrow your perspective in a one-way avenue.

Honestly i do not think they gonna close VP, first they are gonna close VI. But ALT should be smart enough to open her spectre and bring more ingredients to her recipe. Formulas work for a limited time only, then you have to refresh them.At some point you have to evolve, if not there is risk of being unpredictable which is happening now. She can give opportunity to other talents to make her Vogue richer in terms of perspective without losing VP identity...

i guess Alt became this Sun King of her own inland empire - she just can't stand any vision apart from her own ( i guess that's the reason why we are no longer seeing Barbieri, Joe McKenna or Jane Hoe on a pages of Vogue, only Alexandra and Emmanuelle fosterlings), she is obviously afraid of diversity in a way of styling and she is сertainly have a dread of someone taking over her chair, someone more talented, with strong direction and good taste. I think someone like George Cortina and Karl Templer with their immaculate vision could bring fresh flow to this publication.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->