Vogue Paris August 2012 : Marion Cotillard by Mario Sorrenti

Mat Cyruss

Mag Master
Reaction score
tumblr_m6ztjxY9bq1r70toco1_1280.jpg

official facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the focus on Parisian women and the casting sounds good. :flower: Really like Marion as well and I'd agree that this is a pretty cover, though it looks like a beauty shot. Hope that Emmanuelle Alt ups her game in this issue.

Paris is the fashion capital of the world. Never has the evidence been stronger: ahead of a high-octane Fall/Winter 2012-2013 season, two new style kings have arrived at two of the biggest Paris empires of elegance with Hedi Slimane at Yves Saint Laurent and Raf Simons at Christian Dior, cementing the position of the City of Lights at the very top of design. We celebrate the reality of the Parisian dream, in this issue," writes Vogue Paris Editor-in-Chief Emmanuelle Alt, in her editorial for the August 2012 issue of the magazine. Inside, Dior model Marion Cotillard poses for Mario Sorrenti in a special edition devoted to Parisian women, which also saw the photographer take to the streets of the French capital to shoot models Kati Nescher, Doutzen Kroes, Arizona Muse and Isabeli Fontana in an editorial featuring 80 essential looks for Fall/Winter 2012-2013. The issue also sees jewelry designer Aurélie Bidermann lift the lid on her must-have pieces, actors JoeyStarr and Lou Doillon talk music, photographer Jean-Paul Goude open up about his favorite work, and Pierre Cardin and Schiaparelli ambassador Farida Khelfa on the renaissance of their two historic fashion houses. Finally, new creative director for Saint Laurent Paris Hedi Slimane shares his first impressions with Olivier Lalanne, exclusively for Vogue Paris. Vogue Paris n°929, on sale July 20.
By Anne-Sophie Mallard, translated by Kate Matthams-Spencer

What a bore. It looks like some behind-the-scenes shot.

I guess the image would have been much more striking if she had some lipstick on.

Looks like the opening page to the beauty section, but whatever i like it, prefer to the other cover. A bit tired of seeing the same faces over and over though, especially when there is so many great choices out there, not to mention models, but alas.

Terrible cover shot. She looks like she has a migraine!

I will never understand the choice of cover shots, or the editorial content for that matter, under Alt. There is always something off about the cover shots in particular though. Carine knew how to curate a seriously superb collection of photographs. Alt's ouevre is all over the place. She makes a rather shocking editor to be completely frank, and this cover shot is testament to that.

I quite like this actually. She's doing well for landing covers isn't she. I suppose with Anne's hair currently it's Marion who's having to do most of the photographic promotional work for Batman anyway!

I'm starting to get sick of the same subjects being used Isabeli, Doutzen and Arizona... but I have to say this is far better executed than Carines attempt at Capturing Marion for VP back in September 2010 :shifty:.

However I will hold my opinion on the content until it is actually posted, because most of the time, regardless of the subject, they nail it.

This is the worst cover under Alt no doubt. What a random and awkward shot to pick for the cover.

^Seriously ? that is a bit dramatic, I don't mean this to sound like I'm being nasty, but saying this is bad is OTT.

I'd seriously love to see everyones idea of the perfect cover, I probably am a little over protective of VP under Alt, but the more people hate, the more I appreciate the issue :lol:.

The twitching of the eye bothers me! I have to see the full editorial to see the story about this! Maybe it`s something related to surgery

This is miles better both than her Vogue US cover this month and her previous VP cover. It's not a very conventional beauty shot and VP hasn't had a close-up on the cover for quite a some time to begin with. Excited about the 80-page collections ed...especially since it's by Sorrenti and not I&V.

I hate it (like all the august covers)

Seriously, you'd think the Vogues would coordinate a little better, personally I think the Vogue US cover of Marion blows this out of the water and makes it look amateur. Fail on Vogue Paris' part.

It's not a very conventional beauty shot and VP hasn't had a close-up on the cover for quite a some time to begin with.

It's been only six issues since the last close-up cover.

Her covers are very focus on celebrities or models with celebrity status. In 15 issues (counting October) she's used Gisele two times, Kate Moss three times, Marion Cotillard, Charlotte Casiraghi, Laetitia Casta... I can't stand Vogue Paris anymore, it's getting really annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->