Vogue Paris August 2012 : Marion Cotillard by Mario Sorrenti

Promoting actresses' recent projects is not Vogue's "job". :rolleyes:.

Well they've pretty much placed themselves in that position, they're just another cog in the media publicity machine.

I like the cover, her make-up looks amazing. This might be a great issue...hopefully,...

I don't understand how two of the most important editions of Vogue (US and Paris) have put the same celebrity on their cover the same month. Isn't there anyone else interesting out there?

I definitely echo the sentiment that Marion Cotillard tends to be lackluster in print but in the case of this cover IMO the fault lies more in the photography, creative direction and / or curation. To me if someone would have just adjusted her freaking hand then the photo would be a winner.

Re the same person being on the cover of the different editions of the same magazine in the same month, to me that is not a big deal as magazines tend to be distributed locally. The typical subscriber or newsstand buyer in the US does not know or care if the same person is covering the French or UK edition, the only ones who would most likely even notice this are the very small number who patronize newsstands that carry international editions or people who follow fashion on sites like tFS, and no editor or publisher is going to let that small number be a determining factor. I think that the same person covering different magazines in the same country in the same month is more of a situation to be avoided.

Last edited by a moderator:
The collection ed looks promising!
So far I saw Kati, Doutzen and Freja? And Malgosia in the beauty ed.

Not freja, that's Aymeline! It looks really great, Doutzen looks demented

Oooh! The collections ed really looks good!

And I think that's Alla Kostromicheva in the beauty ed.

Love that editorial!!!!!!!And very happy for having Aymeline in this one!!!!!!

Love that editorial!!!!!!!And very happy for having Aymeline in this one!!!!!!

in the 2nd one it's Isabeli Fontana and Doutzen Kroes and in the Alexander McQueen dress i guess it's Kati Nescher.
I don't think Aymeline is inside...

I spot Clement C. paired with Aymeline. Sweet.

There you go, Aymeline :smile:

Judging from the previews, this might actually be my favourite VP collections editorial. Can't wait to see all the shots!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"