Vogue Paris August 2019 : Kate Moss by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by jorgepalomo, Jul 15, 2019.

1. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Well-Known Member

2. djowodjo30

djowodjo30 Active Member

3. Style Savvy

Style Savvy Well-Known Member

Horrendous. She looks like a CGI here... and don't get me started with that eye make-up.

Bertrando3 likes this.
  4. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I'm not mad at it, but is it August? Is it December? Is this Kate, Anna or Gisele? We'll never know.

5. TommysBaby

TommysBaby Active Member

Predictable. Also it's a typical Kate Moss cover with some special effects lol

6. mepps

mepps Well-Known Member

Who is she? I'm in love.:heart:

7. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

She looks like a worn-out stripper facing the end of her career.

I'm not even saying that as an insult, it's a story I'm getting from that shot. Every day, she pulls on a pair of cowboy boots with the stars and stripes, and every night... well, she doesn't want to remember the shít she's seen.

8. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Well-Known Member

Looks like an extension of Vogue Italia’s Forever Mina issue... Parole people!

9. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

Drag Queens are so hot at the moment.

10. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

"The return of the 80s"? when did they leave in VP? :rofl:
    I thought it was Gisele... I quite like the ridiculousness of the styling and layout :heart:

11. Royal-Galliano

Royal-Galliano Well-Known Member

she may as well be dead by the time the picture was shot. seriously, i was pissed the moment i saw the thread title but this is way worse! lol

Bertrando3 likes this.
  12. aracic

aracic Well-Known Member

I was so excited when I read the title because I would be happy if Kate got a VP cover every other month tbh, but then I opened it. First thing I see as I scroll is that hideous, hideous masthead like honestly, what the f*ck? It was bad enough to make me laugh a little.
    And then I see her. Or is it her? I see a movie character, a villain and I can't really tell you what movie or actress I'm thinking of becuase I can't really remember but that's all I can see now. I really hope the content inside will be better, Kate did amazing work with I&V before so let's hope for a gorgeous editorial to make up for this mess.

13. MON

MON Well-Known Member

EMMANUELLE ALT, who in heaven’s name advised you of the star studded logo? He/she is NOT your friend. And how on earth did this get the approval of the CN suits!?

My goodness. This is a disaster!

The red filter reminds me of Lara Stone’s cover with Mert and Marcus!

And also, that is NOT Kate. April’s Fool is long gone.

Further, the tagline is misleading! The return of? More like STUCK IN 60, 70, 80

coincé dans les années 60, 70, 80. COINCÉ!

——-

EDIT: judging by I&V’s post, they seem to have shot the ENTIRE issue.

Also, the Main Instagram post on VP’s IG says this is focused on the 60s-80s nostalgia. I mean?? Really queen? Alt’s entire EIC catalogue is a 60s-80s nostalgia. Unless, she thought that was the 50s.

Lastly, Raquel MUST be getting a cover. She commented full HEARTS on the cover. That a** kiss

#13 MON, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Bertrando3 likes this.
  14. Alien Sex Friend

Alien Sex Friend Well-Known Member

The entire issue was taken by Inez and Vinoodh according to their ig...

15. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

Was it supposed to look like a Warhol painting?

16. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I expect so much more from VP because of who they are, and every month they disappoint. Just came from the refined and mature Vogue Thailand and Korea threads where they've tapped into underrated talent to show stunning covers. Yet the Vogue who finds itself in the cradle of the fashion world dared to run a cover of the most overrated models Kate Moss shot by the most overrated photographers I&V, with a masthead which looks like it was nabbed from some tween magazine.

This cover will sell because the August issue of VP is their collections issue and because it's Kate Moss. And that's all that will matter to Alt - is it selling. That's the reason why we are seeing the same faces repeated over and over again.

So much for 'the most mature Vogue of them all.'

GivenchyAddict and Bertrando3 like this.
  17. Alien Sex Friend

Alien Sex Friend Well-Known Member

Kate’s wonky eye is in its perfect bloom here, more than usual, she looks like hella drunk alley hooker. lip gloss gleam looks like herpes or print defect.

18. Valentine27

Valentine27 Well-Known Member

This is not what I expected for August and needless to say that I'm not pleasantly surprised.
    I'm not even sure what's worse here : the red filter? the eye makeup? the dripping gloss? the Vogue masthead? I mean, those red little stars and that blue is horrendous. The font and the terrible "Kate Moss" placement aren't any better.

19. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

An entire issue shot by one photographer - or a duo in this case, but you get the gist - sounds completely unnecessary. Is it even possible to create an interesting issue if it revolves around one point of view that comes from a single camera lens over the length of 50 god damn pages?

20. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Oh for crying out loud!!!! WTf is this? She looks like a Draq Queen Kate Moss impersonator!!! How on earth is this appealing to anyone? I mean Kate Moss fanatics asaide, why would ANY woman see this and want to pick up the issue?! Just ridiculous, but not surprising, the state of magazines couldn't get any lower, and yet it does with nonsense like this!

Benn98 likes this.