Vogue Paris August 2019 : Kate Moss by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Now that I see the cover again, looks more like Aquaria than Kate Moss.

Haha this cover serving Cheap Tina wonky eye realness. Hahaha they be trolling us with this hag.

I’ve got many things from Kate over the years but Manly has never been one of them.

I must be one of the only people who adore this. Not a big fan of Kate and this could of 100% been elevated further with a different model or photographer (M&M spring to mind), but at face value I like the Warhol references, the pink filter makes it feel special and I actually enjoy the logo but a solid colour would have worked better.

Is there a race to the bottom with all these fashion magazines? I just don't get it. Just when you think you've seen the worst cover, there's another one just around the corner ready to "impress".

She reminds me of a younger Amanda Lear for some reason...
The 60’s is actually the fresher thing about it from now... I mean, VP is literally stuck on the 70’s/80’s palace years...I don’t even know what to think.

Seriously, there’s really nothing to talk about. I feel like I know their formula just too well.

Not really digging all the insults in this thread ☹ There are better ways to say, "I really don't like this," without making references to drag queens or the elderly.

That being said, I might be the second one who kind of likes this? Kate has never done what she's supposed to or what people like, so this cover is not surprising at all to me. I didn't recognize her, either, but Kate has always been able to do any kind of look and weirdly make it work.

I also have never liked the 80s, I don't get the nostalgia for its aesthetic -- so if it echoes the 80s (???), bravo, I actually like a reference to it.

Kate for VP is already something that is tedious with a result like this... There is no way to defend Alt!

I must be one of the only people who adore this.
I might be the second one who kind of likes this?

I’m getting in line!

I must say that I was quite shocked when I saw this on IG but once I took a closer look at it, I fell in love. I love the tackiness and the weirdness of it. I think this will look absolutely beautiful and desirable in print.

I’ve been really bored by VP’s covers lately but this one just hit me differently.

You know, people are always making fun of US Vogue and Anna, and yet other editions come out with stuff like this and don't get half the hate.

^Trust me I hate VP as much as US Vogue :lol:. The only difference is that Alt does not try to please millenials or to be trendy. She is at least consistent in her mediocrity and we can always count on Anastasia Barbieri to deliver one very good editorials - which is not the case at US Vogue (Camilla is awful, Alex Harrington too, Tonne Goodman is on autopilot, etc).

There is always something sexy, very luxurious and desirable in VP that I don't find in US Vogue. The latter feels forced, out of place.

I have defended Alt since day one, but not even I can defend the outcome of this. What on earth happened? Kate Moss, I&V and Alt are supposed to be fashion’s ultimate dream team but this is the stuff of nightmares. I hate that juvenile masthead, the horrendous filter/lightning and how harsh Kate looks.

Feels wrong to hate on this (considering the parties involved) but I’m just a little... dumbfounded.

Definitely getting Andy Warhol and Amanda Lear vibes from this @[B]Marc10[/B] and @[B]Lola701[/B].

This cover looks like the kind of s*t Glenda Bailey would dream up...perhaps she secretly guest-edited this issue :lol:? This is so so bad, and very sad. When will magazines get better? Never?

Also 'le retour de...'? Umm, since when did Emanuelle's obsession/ability to only style 60s/70s/80s ever change? :rolleyes: Don't call it a comeback? Oh I won't, because it isn't one!

For Fashion's sake, she should be retired! Her legacy is to die for, she doesn't need to ruin her career with this kind of images.

Kate's wonky eye is iconic at this point

I think when some people compare her to a drag queen they mean a worn out, messed up, wonky eyed drag queen because honey, someone like Alyssa Edwards would've pulled this off perfectly.

At this point, all her recent covers feel like a “pick your poison” game:

A.) overly photoshop
B.) blur me the house
C.) both

This is C. UK Vogue was a mixture of A/B depending on which cover. The last Vogue Paris cover by Jansson was B.

What’s the point of covering a magazine then?

And this is in no means shade as to her age. I’d love it more if she just embraces who she truly is now - a stunning, gorgeous woman at 45. She doesn’t need all these filters.

Kate needs to stop ruining her legacy. These covers don’t get any better.

The tricolor color saturation reminds me of Brigitte Bardot in Contempt, but for me Godard = French.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->