Vogue Paris December 2007/January 2008 : Charlotte Gainsbourg by Craig McDean

La bordélique

earthbound
Reaction score
wwd.com

TRANSFORMERS: Artist Cindy Sherman, in Paris for Tuesday's Balenciaga show, slipped into a character that takes over many of the city's visitors: shopaholic. "We went to Dries Van Noten, Azzedine Alaïa," she rattled off. "I haven't been to a fashion show in Paris for about 15 years." Sherman, who had modeled looks from Balenciaga's fall collection for an eye-popping feature in the August issue of Paris Vogue, said she plans to continue doing works in a similar vein.

Meanwhile, Charlotte Gainsbourg revealed a Paris Vogue project of her own: She's guest editing its holiday issue. A few generations of French actresses also took in the show, including Catherine Deneuve, Isabelle Huppert, Amira Casar and Clémence Poésy.

[edit] Link to cover: #140

Last edited by a moderator:
^oh good...
we'll see a lot of Balenciaga....most of those are Balenciaga muses!!!!
I wonder if they'll style the ss08 collection?!

Exciting news! Charlotte is one of the few non-models i really enjoy seeing on the cover of magazines ^_^

I love Charlotte, so I'm so happy for her! :woot:

But December. :ninja: WHOA, fast! :rofl: :lol: Great news, nevertheless! Thank you, La bordélique! :winkiss:

Excellent,she deserves the cover and its great she will edit the issue.Lots of Balenciaga for sure,and does anyone know if this is her first cover?

Can't wait to see it :bounce: :bounce: and Yes, It is her first cover.

I have a question for the Americans - where can you find Vogue Paris? Is it available at Borders?

no i dont think they sell vogue paris at borders, i usually just go to a magazine shop

I have a question for the Americans - where can you find Vogue Paris? Is it available at Borders?

Both the Barnes & Noble and Books A Million stores around me sell Vogue Paris. ^_^

This should be a great issue. I'm looking forward to it!

You know, in that news snippet, there was no firm mention that she herself is on the cover. She's guest-editing it - which means she could choose to put someone or something completely different on the cover. It could be her and her family, or even her sister and not her. We're presuming it's CG because it would make sense for her to be on the front - but until we see the cover shot, we can't say for sure. We could receive a surprise.

^It's true what you're saying, but the last 4 december issues of Vogue Paris had the guest editor on the cover, so I think it's a safe bet Charlotte will be on the cover.

tigerouge : when they say that she's 'guest-editing' it, it means for sure that she'll be on cover, or at least when it comes to French mags that's the way it works.All of the 'guest editors' that are considered as fashion icons so far have been on cover .. I'm not too surprised, I sort of expected it considering the fact that Carine has always chosen fashion icons (or a designer in one case).

Borders & Barnes & Noble both sell it:flower:

Thanks for posting the info La bordélique...This is wonderful news:heart::flower:^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->