Vogue Paris December 2010/January 2011 : Daphne Groeneveld & Tom Ford by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I think it's lunacy to debate whether or not Daphne "deserved" the cover... she got it.

Furthermore no one says that because she's on the cover means that she's Mr. Ford's muse nor indicative of his ethos in fashion nor his aesthetic... it means he put her on the cover of a magazine he doesn't own.

By the way is she even WEARING Tom Ford? Doesn't look like anything I remember although I may be wrong... then again I can't think of any collection it does look like.

Maybe I'm just insane but I think this goes a little bit deeper than she looks like Lara Stone(which she sorta does). Oh and does anyone else think she looks like she got into her mothers makeup?

Well it would be a bit deeper than she looks like Lara Stone if they kept her eyes open en her eyebrows dark (just the way they are). They eyes, eyesbrows make Daphne unique (with her lips). this image screams to me Lara Stone.
I think that she had to pose this way maybe to cover up that she is just a girl?

I just love it when magazines dress 15 year old girls like prostitutes.

^^Ain't it the truth.

I'm sorry...but I just am so anti-Daphne. She is 15, and she looks it...no amount of make up can hide her physical immaturity. She does not need to be on magazine covers, let alone magazine covers where she's sexed up and provocative. And don't even get me started on the fact that she's representing the Tom Ford issue. Since when has Tom Ford's vision ever lent itself to a 15-year-old girl? I don't understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
A beautiful cover!!!! The only thing that upsets me is that the model is 14 years old- thats a bit young to be on the cover of a magazine- it makes me question whether or not its right.

That is breathtaking. I love absolutely everything about this cover. I never cared for Daphne but she looks sensational and I love how Tom Ford is seemingly in the background yet his presence is just as strong as Daphne's. Just a perfect balance.

You said it perfectly :flower:

I just can't wait to get this in the mail, I've been waiting for him to guest-edit an issue for ages. It will look glorious in print.

Is she really only 15? Why would they put her on the cover when they could pick someone much more womanly. What ever happened to the sexy Gucci girls of the 90s? I personally think someone like Carolyn Murphy would have been better suited for this cover.

this doesn't feel like Tom Ford's choice at all, I'd say it's more the choice of Carine and especially M&M. oh well.

Is it a Fold-Out-Cover ?

Because then Tom Ford would be "dead-center", with her sort of in front. It would be more dramatic and the focus would be on Ford (the guest editor).

I would really prefer that to the half cut off version.

I love Daphne and I truly love this cover. It's great to see a newcomer on the cover as opposed to the usual VP cover girls.
I'm interested to see what the eds look like.

I really don't care about Daphnes age, because she looks amazing and this is a great cover...and i know the content will be fantastic

Daphne being on te cover is so unexpected, but the result is truly fantastic
The make-up is sensational, and she totally owns the dramatic pose.
I love the red excess, really eye-catching but not aggressive.
Finaly, I find the idea of putting Tom Ford in the background very clever: First because even if he's in the dim light, his presence is really intense. Secondly, the shot seems to be a literal interpretation of The Man behind the woman, the dress or the glamour. Eventually, I also think Carine may wanted to show, that Tom presence was still present in the darkness of Fashion, during his abscence, and now he is finally back!!!

Even though I looove the cover , I wish we could see more of Tom 'cause he looks seriously sexy here.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^
I recall you talking about disguising her age. Not if the pose is easy. And a pose doesn't have to be difficult in order to translate onto a picture.

But never mind, I don't want this to be turning into a discussion thread, but people need to get over the fact that she's 15. It's not like she's the first model to hit the big so younh? Doubt it and I'm not even huge on Daphne.

Rant over, excuse me.

I do think she looks amazing. If Carine loves her, let her love her. It's a relavitely new face for VP. That's good.

I love this! :heart::heart::heart: It's so odd which makes it stand out even more!! Plus Daphene looks incredible.

even daphne's gigantic suction cup lips can't conceal Tom's ego.this issue is gonna be either really good or really awful.

the cover is striking :heart: , Daphne looks gorgeous, and the whole age thing is just ridiculous at this point.:rolleyes:

could the cover be a fold out, i don't know i looked at the image many times, seems like Tom Ford's face is cut just at the middle, Daphne on his right shoulder and another model on the left, maybe i'm imagining things.....:lol:
what do you think....

^^
I recall you talking about disguising her age. Not if the pose is easy. And a pose doesn't have to be difficult in order to translate onto a picture.

But never mind, I don't want this to be turning into a discussion thread, but people need to get over the fact that she's 15. It's not like she's the first model to hit the big so younh? Doubt it and I'm not even huge on Daphne.

Rant over, excuse me.

I do think she looks amazing. If Carine loves her, let her love her. It's a relavitely new face for VP. That's good.

I've never said she was to young for the cover. I said it cause I think it's a shame to cover up such a unique face. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->