Vogue Paris December 2010/January 2011 : Daphne Groeneveld & Tom Ford by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Faith Akiyama

Staff member
Reaction score
eQsx4.jpg

jimshi809 @ Twitter

Last edited by a moderator:
want more tom, less daphne (or at least see more of daphne's dress) :lol:

I guess this was originally supposed to be the cover for November.

^^same. Love that cover though, it looks great for a Dec/Jan cover.

I guess this was originally supposed to be the cover for November.

Doubtful. Tom Ford was always meant to guest edit the end-of-the-year issue (Which is the annual tradition for VP).

Daphne! :wub: She's scored one of the most prestigious covers, hasn't she? Also, if I'm not mistaken, this s her first ever Vogue cover, and VP no less.

Really..? Daphne Groeneveld? Holy cow, now that's something that's really unexpected. But I have to admit that the cover looks good and the dress seems like a great one. Want more Tom!

hopefully Carine found a way to make Tom's collection look better. (A thought, hope) Maybe she got exclusivity on the best looks from his collection..I'm hoping because based on what is in Vogue US..not all that impressed

That is breathtaking. I love absolutely everything about this cover. I never cared for Daphne but she looks sensational and I love how Tom Ford is seemingly in the background yet his presence is just as strong as Daphne's. Just a perfect balance.

Why is Tom in the corner? He looks so out of place plus I get a voyeuristic feel with him like that but he still looks good.The model looks great, it probably would've been better without him but I wish there was a proper image of them together. Other than that I'm totally excited for the contents:woot:

is good no Great i think like more Tom in the cover the 2 are missing in the cover

I think Daphne is perfect for this issue. With her painted voluptuous lips and long blonde mane, she represents a kind of fierce, overstated, unabashed sensuality, which incidentally is a school of aesthetic Tom Ford subscribes to. Plus she's like a breath of fresh air. I mean, we really wouldn't have wanted to see Lara or Kate again, would we, and had it featured a veteran like Amber or Karen or Stella or Gisele, the freshness element would've been hard to create. Can't wait for the review.

Tom Ford is this year's editor?, good to know so I can skip this. :innocent::sick:

The cover doesn't look bad.. I have a feeling the appearance of this girl on it will offend the tFS league of decency, though. :lol:

I really love this. Daphne looks like she's channeling Jerry Hall or someone from the 70s. I also like how Tom Ford isn't too overpowering in the shot, I was afraid this cover would be similar to his Vanity Fair cover which I hated. I wonder if the letters are red foil.

Lisa Eisner and Lauren Hutton in Tom Ford, photographed by the designer.

vogue02.jpg

TOM TOM CLUB: Is there anything Tom Ford can’t do? You could forgive Carine Roitfeld, editor in chief of French Vogue, for asking herself that after the designer — handed the reins to guest edit her December-January issue — wrote articles, photographed and styled well features, cast models and art directed everything with the exacting style for which he’s famous. He even spent a couple of days in Condé Nast France’s offices on the Faubourg Saint-Honoré smack in the middle of Paris Fashion Week.

“I always say, ‘Tom has an eye like a scanner,’ ” Roitfeld marveled. “He took his role very seriously. He is truly multitalented.”

Roitfeld noted Ford accepted her invitation a year ago, without knowledge that he would reenter the women’s fashion arena last September with a hush-hush, celebrity-studded New York fashion show. He photographed the likes of Lauren Hutton fresh off the runway for a fashion story about his muses, all wearing Tom Ford. Other fashion brands figure in well features envisioned by Ford: one photographed by Terry Richardson at his New Mexico ranch; one on high jewelry, and another devoted to mature women who have resisted plastic surgery. “He very much likes beautiful wrinkles,” Roitfeld said, flashing a smile.

While at times sarcastic and even “caustic,” the issue is also deeply personal. Ford peppers the magazine with family photos, and tapped intimates, such as his longtime partner Richard Buckley and close friend Lisa Eisner, to contribute articles about a variety of topics, from beauty to the Los Angeles art scene. Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott shot the cover image, with Ford visible behind young model Daphne Groeneveld in an ecstatic, mouth-open pose. The holiday issue is slated to hit French newsstands on Nov. 30, polybagged with a calendar lensed by Mikael Jansson and starring model Daria Werbowy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->