Vogue Paris December 2010/January 2011 : Daphne Groeneveld & Tom Ford by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

P*ssy West? Terry Richardson has taken vulgar to a whole new level.

Re ***** West:
I like storyboard eds, so I am inclined to like the ed on that basis, and while the ed starts strong and it loses its way, except for the Tom and Terry kiss at the end, that is brilliant and the highlight of the ed, if not the issue, and this is coming from someone who usually complains when Terry jumps his plaid-shirted self in front of the camera. I like this picture, but I cannot get over how cheap these dresses look, and by cheap I mean Halloween costume cheap, especially the one on Abbey.

I still give the ed a thumbs up, but I am somewhat disappointed that the clothes were not showcased better.

Re La Panthere Ose:
I like the styling better for this ed, but either the bling should have been either blingier or the lighting should have been adjusted to better to show off the grandness of the jewelry, and the shoes in "that picture" should have been spectacular. Also the bandaged face schtick gets old pretty quick, I would rather have seen more pictures of Crystal's face unbandaged, but still unhealed, face. Marginal thumbs up, this ed had the potential to be much better. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya pretty much a damn hot mess, but the sad thing is, there is ntohnig here we havent seen before, again! I thought perhaps Ford would work his magic and create something visually stunning, sexy and provocative, but instead im just left unimpressed. Will get the issue anyhow though, even if i did NOT have to see Ford & Richardson making out!

Everything about this issue feels so try hard...

I did enjoy ***** West, it looks like a Tarantino movie gone horribly wrong.

This was quite great....love love the third to last shot with Abbey Lee and the flowers.

Great start of the new year.

For me it's better issue than previous one.
Cover has really grown on me. And main editorial is good, but I have to mention yet again about same face expression/eye closing.
Terry Richardson's ed is kind of funny for me and I love some of the shots, and Abbey Lee in VP? Is it her first time?
Crystal by Tom Ford is doing nothing for me, I don't think it was worth to publish.
And calendar is great, not fantastic, I'm surprised so many of you dislike it.
Overall, it's a good issue, I'm going to order this issue from US, to receive calendar.

I really like it this issue, the eds are very great & the calendar is beautiful. :heart:

I haven't received the issue yet (damn them being late once again!) but Ive to say I'm disappointed by what I see. I wanted a Tom Ford issue. Not a VP issue with Tom on the cover, featuring Tom's clothes. Despite Iris' beautiful ed, I don't see anything exciting in this issue. I hope I change my mind when I have it in my hands.
And it kills me to admit that because I've been looking forward a TF issue for months, to say the least. And I thought we were supposed to see photos from the actual show, taken by Terry Richardson? Did I make this up or?

Last edited by a moderator:
Crystal by Tom Ford is doing nothing for me, I don't think it was worth to publish..
I agree.

Except the P**** West ed and the cover, I don't find the issue interesting at all. There's nothing exciting in it.

***** west is amazing...whatta nice work from Terry! love the theme and the casts. Perfect, I'm so gonna buy this issue

What an awful issue, really. Iris' editorial is the only one that is doing anything for me.

I'm disappointed by the issue on the whole and would have expected more from Mr. Ford. However, considering Vogue Paris has been on a steep decline for the past year or so, I am not exactly surprised.

I'm disappointed aswell, after seeing Daphne's cover i was so excited to see if the eds would do it justice but i guess not. :ermm:

And I thought we were supposed to see photos from the actual show, taken by Terry Richardson? Did I make this up or?

Well, if you did, then I guess we're in this together. I'm still waiting for the actual shots either, VP presentation leaves me at least not satisfied yet.

Just flicked through it... And I can officially say I'm really disappointed. It's "just another issue" to me. The eds are completely uninteresting. I can't get over the disappointment. The only things I really liked were the feature about Tom's parents, his interviews, and the portrait he took of his partner. The kids editorial is waaaay to long, the "Swans" ed is boring, so is "La Femme Ford"; I've a love/hate relationship with "forever love". While some shots are beautiful, some others make me uncomfortable (I'm thinking of the shot in which the lady is about to take off her thigh and the one in which it seems that the man is sucking on her nipple). "La Panthere Ose" has been done 100000 times, only "***** West" caught my attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->