Vogue Paris December 2010/January 2011 : Daphne Groeneveld & Tom Ford by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

This editorial appears in the news in my country, they said it was disturbing to use kids and show them like growns-up in sexy outfits and so...
They had no idea what they were talking about, but I still think it's really wrong.-

I think I wouldn't have mind this editorial if it didn't include these 3-4 shots in which that little girl is doing that "sexy" pose. Kids playing dress-up in designer clothing is cute, but making them look "sexy" is just sick.

its todays culture, kids are growing up faster and faster
they just made it more exaggerated

suck it!

^ Right?

This is editorial is a tongue in cheek commentary on the fact that everyone seems to be pointing out: that the sexualization of youth is grotesque. I don't think anyone at VP really wants to dress seven-year-olds in Balmain any more than VI wanted women to slather their dresses in oil and writhe on the beach. Saying the girls are too young etc. is about as insightful as saying that the girl in the first picture is wearing a gold dress; the obsceneness of this all is the point. It's clearly commentary, about precisely the same thing that, say, Skins, or Toddlers in Tiaras, revels in.

Last edited by a moderator:
^One of my most treasured finds to this day! Came as a surprise when I purchased this issue a couple years ago from eBay. The good old beauty of sex, mixed with glamour provided by none other than the legendary Daria. Ahh, I miss her so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->