Vogue Paris December 2011/January 2012 : Kate Moss by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

The reason I still buy VP is the photographers. But, oh, please don't work Alt.. You ruin everything.
These are nothing but an obvious taste of Alt's and I've seen it a million times. What would you do with your limited taste with the limited number of models?

Here's one thing I don't understand. Before ALT took over she stated that she wouldn't style more than 1 ed per issue so that she could focus on serving as EIC and yet it seems she can't let go of the styling gig. Why else would she style 4 freakin editorials.

I love this two eds!! The Sasha one is a really typical outdoor Terry shoot but i like the location...i find it cool!!
Arizona´s ed is so so stuning..i really love it! Its fresh but with a twist...

i totally agree! that UK cover is just regular Kate with a Bowie thing photoshoped in her face..

this VP cover is very striking, i like the colors and lighting and i don't think Kate is overphotoshoped like some have said, it's the effect of the bleached eyebrows.. but the best of the cover and what really makes it work is Kate's expression, such a strong stare!

also it's hard to understand for me how Karlie's VI cover got so much love while this is getting so much hate :unsure:

very simple - Karlie looks beautiful and gorgeous, and Kate (and I really really hate saying this) looks ugly on the cover.

very simple - Karlie looks beautiful and gorgeous, and Kate (and I really really hate saying this) looks ugly on the cover.

Interestingly, I think the absolute reverse. This is the ultimate Christmas cover. Kate as Bowie, far better and less obvious than the UK Vogue Bowie cover from a few years back, can only be a great thing. Here she is channeling his less well known Japanese Ziggy session - but instead of B/W as the original, she is swathed in red and green - subtly referring to Christmas trees - with plenty of contrasts. And like bowie has different sized pupils, Kate has one side of her face in the shadows and one in light (which gives the same effect).

Most important, though, is the way the light falls as to enhance her unique cheekbones. I don't think anyone has shown that on a cover quite in this way before. The light and dark of Kate. Her two facets - the slightly sinister wood nymph and the rock chick....

This is the ultimate Christmas cover. Kate as Bowie, far better and less obvious than the UK Vogue Bowie cover from a few years back, can only be a great thing. Here she is channeling his less well known Japanese Ziggy session - but instead of B/W as the original, she is swathed in red and green - subtly referring to Christmas trees - with plenty of contrasts. And like bowie has different sized pupils, Kate has one side of her face in the shadows and one in light (which gives the same effect).

Most important, though, is the way the light falls as to enhance her unique cheekbones. I don't think anyone has shown that on a cover quite in this way before. The light and dark of Kate. Her two facets - the slightly sinister wood nymph and the rock chick....

Very well said. :flower:

Love the cover ,you can't go wrong with Bowie^_^the rest is boring as usual.

More Than A Woman
Arizona Muse by Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Styled Emmanuelle Alt

F*** yeah!!! I've been waititng for this so long and finaly Arizona is delivering sth really amazing. Since her YSL campaign, she had the same look in every editorial. Finally someone changed her look. Love this edd. So far my fav.

It seems that most of you hate the cover, but I think it's great. Kate doen't look like Kate which is cool. And Dawid Bowie inspiration will never be boring. Can't wait to see what is more in this issue.

I kinda like Arizona's editorial but the styling I hate! Same with Sasha's it's nice but the styling is really bad.

Love Arizona's and Sasha's editorials, the issue seems very good.

Wait so this issue didn't come with a 2012 calendar? Last year was Daria Werbowy!

So far I've seen absolutely nothing that makes me want to purchase this issue.

Giampalo Sgura " En Scene"

giampalosgura.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->