Vogue Paris December 2018/January 2019 : 'The Birkin Clan' by Lachlan Bailey

Well, I was right in saying that it would be a French icon.....

But the cover doesn't intrigue me in any way at all. It's not a strong profile shot, the art direction doesn't flatter the composition, and why the juvenile multi-colours? Anyway, I'm sure it will sell. Wonder if there will be more covers.

Lachlan has been shooting for VP for years. No doubt Saglio begged and begged for him to get the cover, and this is the result? I don't know who to blame because he's for most part pretty adept at capturing good profiles. No wonder Alt never breaks in newer photographers like Wales or MacDonald.

I'm so annoyed by the two-tone masthead, why does Alt keep doing this? It would have been perfectly fine if we got an all-red Vogue, festive without feeling juvenile.

I'm also a little annoyed by how miserable Charlotte looks. All three are literally in a different mood and it shows.

If it’s a Christmas issue, it need to me more festive and should not be black and white.

What's with the clown cover design these days on Vogue Paris? And for all the use of bright colours, the lower lettering doesn't stand out that well against the lines of the clothing behind it.

There would be no shame in going for a more sophisticated look with metallic silver, complementing the cover shot, giving a nod to Christmas.

It’s time for a goodbye Emmanuelle...
Everything about this is cliché. From the cover women to the styling to the photography...
Even the Birkin clan is kinda cliché when you know Emmanuelle’s style and background...

I can already see the already annoying Jeans ed coming.
It’s funny, Charlotte did VI and VP already and they have always challenged her. It has to be for EA to be the EIC for her to be boring...
Saint Laurent, Gucci, Isabel Marant... I can already see the credits from miles away.

Charlotte and Lou - especially Charlotte - look too sad for a Christmas issue. It doesn't have to be festive but it's a bit too grave for my liking, the opposite of uplifting.

I don´t mind the cover subjects but the image is so boring, any month of the year but specially for December...

Looks like Celine got the cover?

i just adore Jane, for a lot of fans this will be something to collect and treasure.

What happened to their usual Radiant Condensed font? With their new layout, this looks like a page from Seventeen Magazine circa 2013.

The Condensed Font is Vogue Paris' new identity. It works. Its chic. Why change it?

The art direction feels like a Vogue Enfants cover!

I will just put the cover of VP with Charlotte for December 2007 here (one of the best cover VP did and the editorial was wonderful imo).

Charlotte+Gainsbourg+Cover.jpg

designscene.net

So Alt can take back her awful cover and good god the art direction is terrible terrible and terrible !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->