Vogue Paris February 2005 : Gemma Ward by Mario Testino

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
Gemma on the cover of Feb. French Vogue:

174.jpg

gemme

that is a sexy & alluring gemma cover. its very european & very paris vogue. gemma is marvelous and that is hot.

melania on the cover of us vogue is abhorrent, an abomination of a once great & essential magzine. anyone who knows the glorious history of vogue magzine has got to be mortified at what anna wintour has done & I cannot grasp why SI Newhouse turns a blind eye.

kimair said:
Gemma on the cover of Feb. French Vogue:

174.jpg
Who is the photographer do you know? thanks in advance

This is in repy to the post of Gemma on the cover of French Vogue. Am I the only one whe sees a 16 year old who seems to be flat chested being portrayed to look like she can't wait to climb in bed with you? Is there something wrong with this picture?

gemma in paris & wintour a mar a lago

gemma is among the elite 3 or 4 models working in 2005. she can do no wrong to me.

that's an excellent paris vogue cover. I laud the photographer, art director, typographer & editor.

our own impoverished frumpy wintour vogue is stilted sexless and useless.
wintour's catering to melania & trump is stomach turning & the contents have never been so transparently designed for an agenda of advertising accounts & social-climbing perks.

I never said Gemma did anything wrong. I'm talking about how she was portrayed on the cover.

us v. paris

im saying I admire the parisian image & it's US vogue that disturbs me, particularly the blatant social climbing & concessions of the trump wedding story. i admire paris vogue its us vogue that gives me pause or contempt.

model_mom said:
This is in repy to the post of Gemma on the cover of French Vogue. Am I the only one whe sees a 16 year old who seems to be flat chested being portrayed to look like she can't wait to climb in bed with you? Is there something wrong with this picture?
Yes, that is disturbing me too, model_mom! u r not the only one!:ninja:

I'm so glad to hear you say that. Gemma is a beautiful young lady and has so much to be proud of. It is a 'major big time" in the modeling industry to get the cover of French Vogue, but how sad that this anyone's idea of a stunning cover.

Lady Grey, you seem to have a really harsh and sad look at society, judging on the few posts of yours that I've read it seems like you think people/things that aren't overtly sexual are useless... maybe you could help me change my mind..:unsure: :flower:

helmut newton school of photography

you completely misunderstand everything i say.

I suggest you analyze the tragic social climbing of the february melania/trump story. us vogue used to have models now it has shallow socialites, the kept women of styleless vulgar gaudy billionaires. its all anna wintours sad tragic agenda that SI tolerates. THAT is the mystery

I understand that paris vogue cover 100% & maybe its your perception & modernity that needs adjusting. [do you know who helmut newton is? guy bourdin? meisel in italian vogue? what are you a prude??] Im happy to ally myself with paris vogue. they rock & rule.

its us vogue that sucks & if you dont know how frumpy & sexless anna wintours vision is then you dont read us vogue since the 90s.
theres been sex in us fashion magazines since the 70s- are you some kind of gw bush accolyte who suddenly embraces 'christian values' in fashion? youre in the wrong business. dont apply your christian values to the fashion world, its inappropriate & thats why paris vogue rules & us vogue sucks.

Nudity isn't the issue here, run around naked if that's what you like just don't ask kids too.

This is an awful cover- and not because a 16 year old is in a suggestive shot but because it is not pulled off. Maybe another 16 year old mod could have done it and we would not notice her age. How different is 16 from 17? 17 from 18? Numbers, why is one more comfortable than the other. We notice Gemma's age here because she clearly isn't able to pull this off (despite being a great mod and such etc etc). I can think of some people who could have made this cover work.

foxinthesnow said:
This is an awful cover- and not because a 16 year old is in a suggestive shot but because it is not pulled off. Maybe another 16 year old mod could have done it and we would not notice her age. How different is 16 from 17? 17 from 18? Numbers, why is one more comfortable than the other. We notice Gemma's age here because she clearly isn't able to pull this off (despite being a great mod and such etc etc). I can think of some people who could have made this cover work.

How different is 16 from 17? 17 to 18? Numbers why is one more comfortable than the other?
Why don't you ask the driver's license agency? It has to do with maturity and judgement.

18 yaer old multi millionaires

gemma is in the top 4 models in the world & she has free will.
shes a fashion model not a nun.

if you want to get on a 'save the children' soapbox then go protest Ford models choice of a 13 year old from brasil as a new supermodel.
or protest the us & england bombing iraq & murdering thousands of women & children
that worries me a lot more than a beautiful model who's already a multi-millionaire at 18 on the cover of french vogue.
lets get some perspective here, fellow fashion loving adults. i think your 'concern' is mis-placed in the face of the facts I just enumerated.

i support gemma in all her decisions & apparently give her more respect as a sentient young adult than you do.

lady grey said:
gemma is in the top 4 models in the world & she has free will.
shes a fashion model not a nun.

if you want to get on a 'save the children' soapbox then go protest Ford models choice of a 13 year old from brasil as a new supermodel.
or protest the us & england bombing iraq & murdering thousands of women & children
that worries me a lot more than a beautiful model who's already a multi-millionaire at 18 on the cover of french vogue.
lets get some perspective here, fellow fashion loving adults. i think your 'concern' is mis-placed in the face of the facts I just enumerated.

i support gemma in all her decisions & apparently give her more respect as a sentient young adult than you do.[/QUOTE

Lady Grey, You missed the whole point here. I am not talking about Gemma, I am talking about how she was portrayed on the cover. There's a difference. :wink:

model_mom said:
How different is 16 from 17? 17 to 18? Numbers why is one more comfortable than the other?
Why don't you ask the driver's license agency? It has to do with maturity and judgement.

I stand by my view that the number is arbitrary. I do not think most 17 year olds are mature enough to drive. I was "not mature enough" to drive the day before I turned 18, I was "mature enough" to drive on my 18th birthday. Thankfully one must also pass the test.

Nobody holds a gun to a young girls head and says "MODEL". The choice exists for the girl and her parents. It is not always an easy one. Some girls are mature enough at 16 to shoot a suggestive photo- I think they are very very few and far between. The rest of the 16 year old lot are not.

model_mom said:

Model Mom, I completely agree with you. This photograph could have been beautiful, if they had chosen a more womanly model... by that I mean more mature, and older. I think it's a little sick, to be honest. Gemma is gorgeous, I love her work as a model and I think she has an amazing career, but the fact of the matter is that she looks like a little girl here. I'm not a prude, but I'm a little disturbed. I feel like this is the kind of picture that people who are opposed to the modeling and fashion world would use in their presentations, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"