Vogue Paris February 2009 : Lara Stone by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Lara has this cover down pat, now this issue just needs to get to my local bookstore ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never really been a big fan of Lara - but I have to say I LOVE this cover.

I agree. The cover alone is worth buying. But I've never understood Lara's appeal or why Carine is so partial to her.

Lara's beautiful, but there's nothing captivating or unique about her features. Her only distinguishing feature is the gap between her two front teeth. I wouldn't be able to pick her out of a line-up of other beautiful blonde models (with their mouths closed).

Was a bit disappointed that Lara landed the February issue. I was hoping it would be Anna Selezneva, Lily Donaldson or Catherine McNeil.

one reason might be that lara is very sexy in a kind of natural way...:P

i hv never understood lara's appeal..
she has the same facial expression in every picture..it's beyond boring.
and perhaps...t*ts are coming soon.................................................
but NO!! PLEASE!!

My thoughts exactly

I've never really understood Lara's appeal! She's totally expressionless! She's neither beautiful nor a good model. I suppose that bearing your breasts in every magazine you show up makes you an important person but I'm totally fed up with her.

erhm...i don't really like the cover..
there's no wow factor i guess..:huh:

^ Exactly! And this is (just one reason) why I love her so much :crush:

Reading all these 'not impressed' posts, I think people's expectations about this issue were quite high. And so were mine! (still are) But, eventhough the cover itself is less impressive than I thought, I still like it very much. I can understand those who say it is boring. And I kind of agree. For an whole issue dedicated to Lara, who IMO obviously is one of the most expressive models right now, they probably could've chosen a more...fierce shot for the cover. And maybe I just see it this way because I'm a big Lara-fan, but I still think their choice was okay. The make-up is nice, the pose & the gaze is typical Lara-like-great & also the outfit is amazing. So, I don't see any reason to complain - as we haven't even seen it in HQ (which I am looking forward to!! ^_^)

And for those who don't like Lara: Well, Carine does. And in this issue you won't be able to escape her.
So deal with it.:boxer: :P

I just wish Helmut Newton(R.I.P.) could shot lara,it's for sure that he would love lara's breast......sigh...R.I.P. Mr.Newton:cry:

btw,i've decided that i won't go into this thread untill i get the magazine... just save some surprises for myself...

I need this. :shock: Lara's the definition of Vogue Paris these days. The cover is nothing special though, but it's still great in its simplicity.

I just wish Helmut Newton(R.I.P.) could shot lara,it's for sure that he would love lara's breast......sigh...R.I.P. Mr.Newton:cry:

btw,i've decided that i won't go into this thread untill i get the magazine... just save some surprises for myself...

Yes,that would've been amazing.Herb Rits too.

If you can pull off not coming in this thread til you get it,you are more strong willed than me:lol:

I personally think that people shouldn't judge so soon by crediting lara with one "one-look".

The cover expression, yes, we had seen it before. But I don't think that's already in lara's full potential, like how the pirelli calender had proved that.
So I think we should see the content, before we judge.

But all-in-all, i still think VP is one of the edition that had consistently delivered better covers every month, as compared to other editions.

:heart:
I love it. I love how she stares at the camera with so much attitude.

After all this is Lara. It's hard not to like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->