Vogue Paris February 2019 : Erika Linder by Mikael Jansson

I held off from reserving final judgment until I had the issue in my hands, because I somehow couldn't quite believe that an issue of Vogue Paris could be so... drab, disappointing and uneventful.

The cover in person, however, is just as vibrant and bright as it suggested online which I like, yet I still cannot help but feel like Erika resembles Sharon Stone (if you squint) when she smiles.

As for inside the issue, there isn't anything which remotely took my interest (just as I assumed when I didn't feel compelled to click any of the thumbnails a few pages back). The March cover cannot be released quick enough at this rate, and I'm really hoping Alt's went back to what she does best - glamour!

I felt the same.

When it comes to Vogue Paris, even if I don't like the overall mood of an issue, there's usually something worth looking at, even if it's just an accessories edit.

This time, there was absolutely nothing of interest to me inside. The cover has some charm, but after that, there's not much life in the pages.

so many angry faces...

Maybe according to Emmanuelle Alt, men = angry, rage, fckboy expressions

I quite enjoyed the issue. I think it's because it's so cohesive, much like the country-themed issue late last year. The best editorial imo is the jewellery story with Emily Gafford. She's got a great, striking profile and the starkness of the grey, black and silver really pop in print.
I really only like the shot of Erika blowing bubbles, her expression throughout is too annoying.

I still cannot help but feel like Erika resembles Sharon Stone (if you squint) when she smiles.!

For me she looks like Lucky Blue Smith :lol:
Well this is very boring issue. See you next month

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->