Vogue Paris February 2020 : Jill Kortleve by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by TZ001, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Vogue Paris February 2020

Premiere Classe (interview by Loic Prigent! :heart:)

Photographer: David Sims
    Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
    Hair: Damien Boissinot
    Makeup: Hiromi Ueda
    Manicure: Ama Quashie
    Cast: Julien Dossena, Rebecca Leigh Longendyke

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

#41 Benn98, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited by moderator Armani: Jan 24, 2020
    rubydon likes this.
  2. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Well, I'll be buggered! Thank God for Virginie Benarroch :clap:

Miss Vogue: Question De Volumes

Photographer: Christian McDonald
    Stylist: Virginie Benarroch
    Hair: Christian Eberhard
    Makeup: Janeen Witherspoon
    Manicure: Miss Moji
    Cast: Liu Wen

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Nomar likes this.
  3. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Miss Vogue: Buffalo Girl

Photographer: Josh Olins
    Stylist: Geraldine Saglio
    Hair: Kei Terada
    Makeup: Yumi Lee
    Manicure: Christian Conrad
    Cast: Anok Yai

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

4. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Bijoux: La Tete Haute

Photographer: Ben Hassett
    Stylist: Morgane Bedel
    Hair: Olivier Schawalder
    Makeup: Lynsey Alexander
    Manicure: Laura Forget
    Cast: Maty Fall

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

#44 Benn98, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited by moderator Armani: Jan 24, 2020
    myran likes this.
  5. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

Very weird issue. None of the editorials make any sense and all of them feel very i-D level.

6. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree! It feels so stale and almost makes me wish they’d bring back that retro 80’s look!

February was one of those issues I looked forward to from VP because it was the new collections issue and you’d get one strong photographer like I&V or David Sims doing magical editorials that would go on for pages and you wished there was no end to it!

YohjiAddict, tigerrouge and dodencebt like this.
  7. Alien Sex Friend

Alien Sex Friend Well-Known Member

Emmanuelle is lost, I can see it clearly, I see that Condé Nast already told her that she can’t go on like this with same 5 models on each cover, denim and 80s vibe in each damn issue, she is trying to change direction but this is uncharted land for her and she is truing to play safe. It’s a pity that for whole 30 years career she can put on only same traced paths...

Fiona3, djowodjo30 and Benn98 like this.
  8. kasper!

kasper! Well-Known Member

I somehow miss those One-page-for-one-brand-kinda-lazy-but-it-works-sometimes-by-Carine editorials....

lelaid likes this.
  9. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Quite surprised that the cover editorial which is normally the strongest is actually the worst in this issue! That's on both Alt and I&V. And Alasdair's has been done so many times that it lost the fresh factor even with a new cast. Pity, because I actually love the summer styling in that edit. They should've gotten someone else to shoot if outdoors.

My favourite edits are Virginie's, the jewellery edit by Hassett, and the Paco Rabanne profile. But when you look at everything together, it's all so disconnected with all the heavy 'look at me, I'm a Vogue stylist' styling.

Happy to finally see Liu Wen!

10. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Same sh**, different girl

But still one cannot fault Alt for being the most directional edition out there no matter how much we despite it

And I am amazed at how Alt can manage to make each and every editorial look like it was shot by David Sims, without having to book the latter. It's either Sims' style is not that unique, or photographers are willing to change their brand just for a shot at being in Vogue.

Also, whoever decided to play with those fonts is in dire need of some soul-searching. Not only are these fonts completely basic, they also have 0 relation to the editorial its presenting. It looks so misplaced. It distracts rather than attracts.

11. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

Nothing interesting to look, and February is usually my favorite one. I love collections editorials and VP's were always the longest and most satisfying... This is lazy and uninspired, not at all what I expected.

Thankful that Lola said it. In France being curvy, big or whatever makes you an instant loser. Body positivity is not really their thing.

12. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

A bit too "british" for VP and too "millenial" whatever that term means. I only enjoyed Liu Wen and the jewellery ed ! You can sense there is a slight change of content like they target a different kind of readers.

RedSmokeRise, Valentine27 and Benn98 like this.
  13. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

You would think with all of these boring editorials they would have at least one that took it to the next level. All I see here is budget cuts. I guess Vogue Paris missed the "Vogue Values" memo.

14. Xone

Xone Well-Known Member

Imagine that we took the reins of VP...haha...I put Lola on charge....

RedSmokeRise and Lola701 like this.
  15. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

Obviously Lola is the best option. I’d give her the job without a doubt.

RedSmokeRise and Lola701 like this.
  16. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Good photography and underwhelming styling.
    It seems like Virginie Bennaroch was the only one who remembered that it’s VP. Beautiful styling from her...

inconsistent issue.

Ahahhaha! A « NO JEANS » policy...lol
    Thank you guys. I don’t think they are ready for a black woman at the helm of VP.

They should just hire the entire team of M le Monde and have Cortina and McKenna as contributing editors.

I think it’s time for Alt to move on. She can go help Virginie with Chanel. 20 years at Vogue Paris and we have seen her limits a long time ago now.

YohjiAddict and Valentine27 like this.
  17. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

^^^ Emmanuelle really has shown her limits, with this issue being one of the worst. But I’d still prefer her at best, very personal touch to your preferred M le Monde team: They are very skilled in elevating the typical aesthetic of the moment (you know, that JW Anderson walking swatch moodboard with the PC cast of accessible models). However, there’s no sense of a personality there beyond flair, of which I still appreciate about Emmanuelle’s touch, as stagnant as it may have become lately; Her Vogue still feels very much like an elitist-- and real woman (and thank goodness it’s a woman and not a child, like fashion has devolved into with its juvenile sensibility).

I still dream about Fabien and Karl at VP (with as you’ve suggested, contributions from George and Joe). It’ll of course, remain a fevered dream since no way would CN give such roles to a group of men. The collective meltdown on SM would cancel CN for such a move LOL

Lola701, dior_couture1245 and MON like this.
  18. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

^^
    That’s why I think the girls from M le Monde mixed with the international talents like Cortina, McKenna or Baron could work.
    What I love about M Le Monde’s Fashion is the coherence. The approach is elitist but it’s understandable, clear and you get it. Suzanne Koller’s work for VP under Emmanuelle was definitely inferior to what she shows us at Le Monde.

Emmanuelle’s work for 20Ans didn’t necessarly indicated that she would be good at VP. More than Carine, MAS had the better profile for VP.

VP needs to be a cosmopolite magazine again. It’s just too in house and linear right now. There are some great stylists in French Elle too...

RedSmokeRise likes this.
  19. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

These editorial are fine on their own but they add nothing to the story. From the cover story to the last edit, they feel disjointed. And the styling is a no. Especially the first two models name edit.

20. Xone

Xone Well-Known Member

For sure Koller had no freedom at VP like for M Le Monde....i don't think she get along with Alt, i remember seeing them at the shows and no chemistry at all....