Vogue Paris February 2021 : Anna Ewers by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by sixtdaily, Jan 25, 2021.

1. VogueGirl8910

VogueGirl8910 Well-Known Member

Stunning cover, Anna looks flawless on the main story & reminds me to the campaign of Chanel S/S 1995 i guess? when Claudia Schiffer was playing Barbie.

The other editorials are good & amazing, what a start of this year on VP.

Razjel likes this.
  2. bluestar

bluestar Well-Known Member

Honestly while this issue isn't the most inventive or creative, it has the glamour that I have been yearning for! Also seeing Anna on the cover of VP again makes me so happy and the eds look great so far. And wow that Malika Louback girl is so effortlessly gorgeous, I think she may be becoming my new favourite model!

Razjel and annikad like this.
  3. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

4. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

last year we had that weird cover with Jill Kortleve and while the editorial was quite good, the whole issue was underwhelming at best.

it seems like the pandemic/crisis made Emmanuelle raise the bar not only for her but for her magazine. because let’s admit that even with a lower level, Vogue Paris is still far better than all those mediocre editions. that woman is making her paycheck worthy.
    I can picture Emmanuelle laughing hard while she take a lot at the other garbage versions of Vogue.

this issue is undeniably great although we all agree that Louise or Malika deserved the cover.

5. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Well-Known Member

the only vogue edition worth buying these days. Stunning cover!

vogue28 and aracic like this.
  6. dfl-001

dfl-001 Well-Known Member

It looks terribly messy. But I blame Alt and Chanel for that, and I'll look past it. Anna channeling Bardot is worth the print.

7. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

I have to ask : Where is Anastasia Barbieri ?

Lola701, Benn98, SRank and 1 other person like this.
  8. Xone

Xone Well-Known Member

Tbh i like when magazines are out in their own date not like buying the may issue in february... i think it will worth the wait.

i think VP have a very nostalgic and classic feeling that take us to a comfort zone and i dont say it in a bad way. All the rest are trying to be “politically correct” and Alt just give us pure fashion, of course with her high and lows but by far the best of the top 4.

gazebo, cheapthrills, Razjel and 4 others like this.
  9. Summer Day

Summer Day Active Member

Sorry, but this cover does nothing for me. The styling is very gaudy and it looks cheap. Anna's messy hair adds nothing to it. The main ed is good, but so repetitive to what Alt has done over several issues. Even the other model looks similar to Erika Linder, Vivienne Rohner, and Iselin, in terms of styling. Not surprised that this cover is being praised to the high heavens. I commend Alt for producing strictly fashion content throughout the pandemic, but by know means would i herald this as a phenomenal or even decent issue.

Hafyiez wafa and Benn98 like this.
  10. vladhatesyou

vladhatesyou Member

nice layout! Farneti, take notes...

rianne fans likes this.
  11. Mercredi

Mercredi Active Member

A bit bored with the BB theme but the cover is quite nice...

12. Jacque Marcel

Jacque Marcel army of lovers

Bardot inspired but giving me a hint of Julia Stiles. What next? Jane Birkin? E Alt is so predictable.

13. Armani

Armani Tech Support

Flashy, but done tastefully; if Anna wasn’t channeling Bardot here, I would’ve hated it & not understood the concept.

14. crmsnsnwflks

crmsnsnwflks Well-Known Member

That cover looks expensive and chic. I love it so much! I commend them for choosing the right cover model as well.

15. Conbothsides

Conbothsides Well-Known Member

They could've called Carlyne Cerf and Meisel for the cover

Benn98 and Lola701 like this.
  16. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

It’s definitely the weakest Chanel cover I’ve seen on the cover of VP...
    The problem is ultimately that Emmanuelle here is doing Carlyne. Nobody can do Carlyne better than herself.
    WEAK!

The rest of the issue is fine but Louise in that jumper is the most fabulous picture of the issue. So simple and yet so perfect.

Barbieri is missed.

17. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

I must say that Alt has really stepped up her game. While the entire magazine industry has been in decline Vogue Paris has actually improved. It has been consistently strong over the past two years.
    She toned down her 80's obsession and it has resulted in great work. I actually look forward to it each month! Who would have thought?

18. LoveFashion25

LoveFashion25 Member

I love it! Honestly the saying is true: "Less is more"

19. nejtak

nejtak Member

I think the black bodysuit image from Anna's editorial would have been more fun as a cover but still, this is quite a cute cover. I do like the colours and it's nice to see Anna on French Vogue again. If you look at her VP covers, they are actually quite different from one to another

Maybe I am biased but I don't see why the longer I&V editorial is superior to everyone. The models look great but if you want to complain about the repetitiveness of the Bardot-inspired Chanel story you might want to check your French Vogue archives because to me the pool/coast/beach editorial brings nothing new to the table either. I can think of at least five stories with the same concept and vibe and I'm sure those have been a regular thing even before Bardot was one.

In a way I think it's nice to see one of the big Vogues (Italia is out) supporting models over the years, but I'm conflicted because with the same roster of models taking turns in snagging covers, there's little room for surprises.

A nice issue for February.

vavavinny likes this.
  20. phungnam96

phungnam96 Well-Known Member

this issue and the fact that @sixtdaily took time to capture the eds are truly amazing! Bravooo