Vogue Paris July 2020 : Mica Argañaraz by Nathaniel Goldberg & Natasja Madsen by Henrik Purienne

Emmanuelle Alt and Vogue Paris cannot be bothered by what's happening. I'm here for it.

I love this. Very 90s. Fresh. (Although, I feel like I've seen this before"

"100% produced during the «lockdown»" is such a mood.

The second cover, not so much. Feels disconnected with Mica's cover. She alone can carry July!

I like both covers, even though they don´t have anything to do with each other...
I´m curious to see the editorial... Mica did great for Zara from her apartment, I wonder if this would be similar?

Emmanuelle Alt and Vogue Paris cannot be bothered by what's happening. I'm here for it.

July is going to be "normal", borders are opening up. It actually feels like summer in freedom-ish :smile:

Undoubtedly Mica's best cover to date!! I always loathed her first Vogue Paris cover by Testino(?), cause sincerely, it was tragic.
But this one is the perfect redemption for her. Truly fantastic, I'm so thankful that Alt is not pulling any stupid shticks to appeal to the masses!! Best editor of the year.

As for the second cover... it feels like a supplement, I don't like it. I know it's sort of a tradition to have double VP covers for the summer issue, but this time it wasn't neccessary at all.

It’s mostly unappealing to me personally, in terms of the casting and styling, but it does have a certain spunk and energy that feels welcome this summer amid the dour pandemic themed covers, the amateur drawings, etc.

Wasn’t last season June/July?

However, it’s absolutely refreshing.

Wasn’t last season June/July?

However, it’s absolutely refreshing.

I thought so as well. Personally, I don't like it. But im sure this will get praised compared to Vogue UK, which surprises me because this pales in comparison.

It is okay. A bit tired of seeing denim on the cover of Vogue, but the second one is very VP. I can even imagine Carine doing something like this! Although, it would be way sexier, of course.

I went up the thread reading the comments, so when I reached the supplement, I thought that was the cover, and wondered how people knew it was Mica when you can't see any hair at all, let alone curly ones.

Then I saw the cover.

I thought so as well. Personally, I don't like it. But im sure this will get praised compared to Vogue UK, which surprises me because this pales in comparison.

I can’t even remember the Vogue Uk cover haha

@NatasjaMadsen Is the model of the second cover.

I quite luv it but I must say that Goldberg and Purienne could get vp covers only thanks to the lockdown... they’re not vp level, not vp main Eds level. Purienne shot in his typical 70s erotic “my blonde big t*ts lover on holiday” style And is looking exactly like a Beaty supplement cover (I was surprised seeing this as a main issue alternative cover) And Goldberg Looks very simple but really good, here I can see he’s Mario Testino apprentice, the cover looks pretty similar to what Mario did in a good way. I love mica hair here, we cannot escape 80s, but here We can deal with it at least.

Grace Elizabeth or similar would have killed the main cover. The entire set up just screams glamour, and then there's Mica who is so far removed from glamour it's not even funny. She doesn't even know how to carry all this maximalism, the big hair the luxury, tight-fitted denim. I find her pose very awkward.
Interesting that it took her this long to book a second VP cover but then I recall the last one sold rather poorly.
I'd have taken that Purienne cover alone, to be frank.

Happy for Goldberg though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->