Vogue Paris June/July 2017 : Gisele Bündchen by Mario Testino

I wonder how this leaked so early.

Gisele's editorial is a mix of Testino's shots and the pap candids we saw back in December (so meta). All the Testino photos are stiff and the lighting looks so artificial you start thinking more time was spent on Photoshop than on the actual shoot. The paparazzi pictures are given a sort of VCR treatment, I guess to amplify the ~candid feel of the pictures.

The biggest surprise is Slimane's editorial. There are almost no black background b&w portraits, most of the shots are done in colour and shot outside, at a country estate's garden (no similarities with UK Bazaar).

Sorrenti's editorial is a jewelry one. All the photos are close-ups of the girls' faces and torsos in a pool, with the focus on the diamonds of course.

The snoozefest concludes with Demarchelier's editorial. All the photos are straightforward studio shots and the focus is on the clothes. Otherwise it looks just like this one in Vogue Italia (even the model is the same).

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/showpost.php?p=13868135&postcount=496

As a summer issue this failed to put me in a summery, all day in the beach mood. Terribly lukewarm.

Wow, that was quick!! The May issue (which I got) just landed in my area a week ago, can you imagine how long I'll have to wait for this one? :lol: Thanks for the reviews, Rigida & Melancholybaby (oh yeah, and Phuel!!)

The biggest surprise is Slimane's editorial. There are almost no black background b&w portraits, most of the shots are done in colour and shot outside, at a country estate's garden (no similarities with UK Bazaar).

Sorrenti's editorial is a jewelry one. All the photos are close-ups of the girls' faces and torsos in a pool, with the focus on the diamonds of course.

I was hoping the the styling at least will overwhelm the Gisele x Testino edit, but it doesn't sound like it. This duo is too dated and tired, and neither of them are renowned for innovation in any form.

At this stage I'm looking forward to the above edits!

These two are the ones I'm most looking forward to!!

Dreamland
Photographer: Mario Testino
Stylist: Anastasia Barbieri
Model: Gisele Bundchen

vogue paris digital

I'm absolutely head over heels with how much I love this editorial! The mood! The setting! Giselle! Mario's on a roll with his work in VP!

Nothing new from either of them. No wonder they went with the cover.

LOVE!!! Even though Testino is kinda dry as of late, but when Gisele and him team up I LOVE IT! Nothing new or groundbreaking but I love the papparrazi photos included.

I love it, too. This is exactly what I was expecting, and it surely didn't disappoint me.
Of course, it's nothing groundbreaking/amazing, but I love it anyway. Gisele looks incredible. I'm a sucker for this kind of (photoshoped) photoshoots.

I know the paparazzi shots were added later on, but I actually like those best than the actual editorial-which looks like it was plugged straight out of an early-aughts american Vogue issue. The cover was really the best shot. In all honesty I would have preferred ANYTHING by Inez and Vinoodh over Mario.

Deeply fascinated by what could be lurking in Hedi's edit. Wouldn't it be funny if he had to shoot some of Vaccarello's YSL? I love the guy, but just...:lol:

LOOOL

On your post, I swiped through this issue again to the Hedi edit which I had totally overlooked the first time (just a blur of bodysuits, g-strings, cowboy boots and mirrored aviators. Very 1983...), and surprise surprise... not a single Vaccarello's YSL piece in sight. The usual suspects-- Celine, Chanel, Vuitton on repeat, accented by Tom Ford, Alain Mikli, Ray Ban eyewear.

I'd love to see a Vaccarello YSL pulled out in the midst of this shoot. The tantrum, the breakdown, the screams... Of course the stylist would be banished, but if planned properly, the video would be high fashion viral gold...

Vacances au Chateau
Photographer: Hedi Slimane
Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
Models: Cara Taylor & Birgit Kos

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank so much for posting!

I don't like the main ed, it seems as if Testino ran out of ideas but since there were paparazzi shots, they decided to include them. It's also overly photoshopped. A real let down.
I've seen eds like Sorrenti's 100 times before, he can do much, much better.
I'm not a fan of Hedi's ed either but good to see Birgit. Wish it was only her and I hope to see more of her in VP from now on.
Then there's Edita, I truly love her, maybe I'm biased but her ed really is the best in this issue.

Wow that Demarchelier ed.. Vogue Italia December 2005 vibes, anyone?

I don't like the main ed, it seems as if Testino ran out of ideas but since there were paparazzi shots, they decided to include them. It's also overly photoshopped. A real let down.

Indeed, the only interesting shots in that editorial are the pap ones I already saw in the Daily Mail several months ago... why pay money for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->