Vogue Paris June/July 2019 : Gisele Bündchen by Mikael Jansson

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by subway 123, May 20, 2019.

1. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Well-Known Member

Edie’s editorial is the best by far

2. whippie

whippie Well-Known Member

Come on, try a little harder.

June/July 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    awake-smile

And WHAT is happening to her hands in the cover shot! They look like they've come off a cheap plastic mannequin.

kasper! and Lax89 like this.
  3. Karl Boucher

Karl Boucher Member

I have always wondered why magazines choose to spend a lot of money travelling to St Barths or any other summer destination. Most beach editorials could be executed in Malibu or even in St Tropez... I mean, it's not cheap taking Gisele Bunchen and a whole crew to a Caribbean Island. Does it have to do with putting value on a cover?

Lax89 and TommysBaby like this.
  4. Lax89

Lax89 Well-Known Member

I agree with you Lola.
    Anyway Vogue Paris has this name because, well, it's mostly for affluent Parisian (from or live in Paris) women.
    Regular French women would rather buy Elle than Vogue.

GivenchyAddict and Lola701 like this.
  5. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Exactly. And while Vogue Paris is very influential, ELLE has more of a cultural weight in France.
    Vogue Paris was the magazine of the Elite and ELLE the magazine of the active woman and it has to stay that way since 1945.
    It’s interesting to see how people who came from the ELLE school (Carlyne, Carine, Emmanuelle...etc) have changed Vogue.
    Yes, Vogue is more relatable and it can speak to larger group of women but the average French woman would buy ELLE.

When VP try to speak to that average woman, they put a big French celebrity on the cover (Laëtitia Casta, Marion Cotillard, Sophie Marceau...). They are safe bet... When for example ELLE can sometimes afford to put more « elitist » stars like Isabelle Huppert.

GivenchyAddict likes this.
  6. aracic

aracic Moderator

God, I love me some sexy Gisele! Even though I've seen it a million times (the jacket cover is literally same as Vogue Brasil from 2013, from leather on top of a bikini to the pose), I always get excited for a Gisele summer special! There's just something about her. And that Edie editorial is flawless, she's just wonderful.
    I really love seeing faces that I recognise instead of ordinary new girls that just blend together, even though I'd add a couple of new names to the VP's repertoire (like definitely more Adut cause they really did her wrong with that one photo in the cover story earlier this year)

2013 06.jpg

7. apple

apple Well-Known Member

Edie's editorial is pure fire!!!! I used to think she was okay but I did not understand her success at beginning.. But then, shot after shot, editorial after editorial.. she has become one of my favourites of this generation.

whippie likes this.
  8. Alien Sex Friend

Alien Sex Friend Well-Known Member

I just got the issue and it looks even worse on print: all pictures are blurry like in low quality, I checked few magazines and each editorial - same story, like this is print defect happened while they sent low-res pdf of print. The images could have looked summery and corny but nice if not that worse quality.

9. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Gisele
    Photographer: Mikael Jansson
    Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
    Hair: James Pecis
    Makeup: Mark Carrasquillo
    Cast: Gisele Bundchen

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Vogue Paris June/July 2019 Digital Edition

10. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Vogue Paris June/July 2019 Digital Edition