Vogue Paris June/July 2021 : Imaan Hammam by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

I would have photoshopped out the heart tatoo because it's distracting, otherwise I like the cover, how the shadows frame her face and her stare's strong as always. The editorial is too basic for VP and it doesn't make me dream much...which from my still very lockdowned life is a necessity.

Imaan 's makeup looks dirty...just like the Gisele's cover (2013 NOVEMBER).
Hope EA would put an Asian girl on cover before her departure.

Finally; I honestly thought this moment was never going to happen. Delighted for her.

I’m beyond happy that Imaan finally got a Paris Vogue cover - more than deserved.

now, about the cover itself it could’ve been 10.000 times better. that bucket hat is atrocious and if those are all the editorial pictures... underwhelming to say the least.

if this is I&V... my God they really lost their touch.

I'm surprised they haven't posted the cover on the official Instagram.

I'm surprised they haven't posted the cover on the official Instagram.

Sometimes they usually do it on sunday...so i think tomorrow will be the day..

Super strong Daria circa late noughties/early 2010s vibes from this editorial. Love it!

Glorious! A real treat to see Imaan Hammam score the cover and every single element just sums up exactly what I expect from Vogue Paris during the summer months - even right down to the yellow masthead.

Despite all the signs of this being photographed by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin, I'm getting all sorts of Mikael Jansson vibes from the warm lighting (which may be due to the scan quality). It's feeling like old times, when @[B]Diorette[/B] would scan an issue of Vogue Paris for us, way before the magazine had released it themselves.

So it was shot in Mexico too...maybe we’re gonna see a version of this in another Vogue?

If Bella won't get her American Vogue cover and Vogue Europe will become a reality, she may be the last model to score the big 4
I don’t think that Vogue Europe will become a reality. But all the editions will share more content which makes it actually more easy to score the big 4 in a sense. But it won’t be as impressive as it used to be.

Damn they’re really milking that Mexico location aren’t they. Imaan looks stunning, well deserved. Yes it does remind me of Hans Feurer/Gilles Bensimon but that’s not a bad thing in my opinion. It has heavy early 2000s vibes and I’m here for it.

Love the cover but the editorial looks like an advertorial for some safariwear company. Fortunately she's a very strong model so she saves it too. Agreed with Mars it does have that Hans/Giles retro ELLE vibe which I love.

This is beyond! It's always a pleasure to see Imaan on covers but this is quite the achievement. I'm so happy for her!

Damn they’re really milking that Mexico location aren’t they.

You can’t blame them. At the time of shooting (and even still to this very day), travel restrictions remain in place for a large number of countries and given the on-going global health crisis, travelling freely to various different locations for a handful of different shoots seems rather… illogical and careless.

I’m able to appreciate the fact that I&V’s shoots which have taken place in Mexico each have a different feel to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->