Vogue Paris May 2006 : Anna Maria Urajevskaya by Mario Testino

susie_bubble

Reaction score
Here's the cover from vogue.fr...

Have no idea what's in it though!

couv_mai_2006.jpg

hmm....the model has a kind of odd look on her face. It's quite a boring cover for me.

Ooops...just looked on the vogue.fr site for the description

It's a Viva Italy issue! Hence probably why the cover is like that....

There's a Mario Testino shoot based on the theme of trash baroque in Rome.

Portraits and histories of 34 Italian designers.

Another Baroque themed edit featuring drapes and silk.

That's what I got from my poor French reading skills....

i'm not so fond about the cover either ... i actually seldom like covers:P
but a viva italia issue could be nice ..
would even be nicer if vogue italia did a vive la france issue in return^_^

thanks, susie!

Last edited by a moderator:
That cover looks somewhat different from the former ones.. Who's the model on the cover?

there is a better scan of this cover at img.
the model is anna mariya urazhevskaja shot by mario testino, wearing versace.

editorials
by mario testino (with eva herzigova, mariacarla boscono, and patricia schmid on one pic (?, i'm really not sure to recognize her), 22 pg.)

by david sims (with caroline trentini, 7 pg.)

by bruce weber (with malgosia bela, aimee mullins, one other girl and male models, 16 pg.)

by mario sorrenti (with a model i don't recognize, sorry, 14 pg.)

+ a supplement "Spécial Cannes by Wim Wenders" photographed by peter lindbergh, with sasha as model.
photos by wim wenders too.

(pic from img)

Attachments

• 2006-05-b.jpg
    2006-05-b.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 632
I haven' t liked any of the recent Vogue Paris covers but Anna Mariya looks very different here. I didn' t recognise her at first. I'm very interested in the editorials though!.

^ ^ It seems to be a great issue.. Thanks for the info, kaschemme :flower:

Other articles :

-Portraits of 34 Italian fashion designers.

-An article about perfumes.

-Anne Wiazemsky makes a portrait of the director Pier Paolo Pasolini whom she has worked with.

-Article about a meeting between Donatella Versace and Riccardo Tisci.

-Presentation of Patrizia Sandretto Rebaudengo's contemporary art collection.

I'm so buying this issue.

I think I like the cover. It reminds me of the 80's Vogue covers.

This sounds like an interesting issue...And there's Patricia Schmid.

Not crazy about the cover, they could've done so much more with that face. But the eds sound quite promising, thanks for the review!

The cover looks really cool. Think she's wearing Versace. You're right, White Linen, on the 80's Vogue reference. It's very Paulina Porizkova/Cindy Crawford.

VOUS1287_00.jpg
VOUS0987_00.jpg
VOFr0886_00.jpg

The editorials sound great. And more Malgosia! I can never get enough.

Vogue covers from www.fashion-iconography.net

i agree with that it looks old cindy cover in styling, but there is a difference. cindy and paulina look comfortable, and anna mariya looks stiff and awkward in her picture

maybe thats just me. anyway, if she didnt look like that, i may like the cover more

masquerade said:
i agree with that it looks old cindy cover in styling, but there is a difference. cindy and paulina look comfortable, and anna mariya looks stiff and awkward in her picture

maybe thats just me. anyway, if she didnt look like that, i may like the cover more
Definitely agree. I like Anna Mariya, but she does look awkward on the cover. Not her best shot.

I like the cover.Some people here are really hard to please,they are complaining when there is a celebrity on the cover and then when a model is on the cover they again find like 1000 crazy reasons why its not good.Crazy!I guess everybody is a critic,nowdays!

Lindbergh's work

If someone could please tell me more on what Lindbergh has in the magazine I would be very greatfull.

About Lindbergh's work :

This is, first "Elle du désir", an editorial on a beach : 20 pg. with sasha p. wearing armani clothes since the supplement is sponsored by this brand ; (vaguely) inspired by wim wenders' work (der himmel über berlin)

then 2 photographs of jeanne moreau (the first one is fabulous !) illustrating an interview about her friendly relationship with wim wenders.

"Hall of Fame", portraits of actors and directors by Peter Lindbergh (Adrien Brody, Nastassja Kinski, Tony Gatlif, John Travolta, Uma Thurman, Isabelle Huppert, Marcello Mastroianni, Pedro Almodovar, Catherine Deneuve, Samuel L. Jackson, 12 pg.)

Hmm... I find her expression so odd, and not in the interesting way that makes you keep looking but rather in the dull way that makes you move on to another magazine.

That said, with knowing what's in the issue, it sounds really interesting, and so I'll probably buy it. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->